Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build salome-3.2.6: GUI compile error : VTKViewer setCells

salome-3.2.6: GUI compile error : VTKViewer setCells

Up to Install & build
  • salome-3.2.6: GUI compile error : VTKViewer setCells

Posted by Isidore Ducasse at May 18. 2007
    I'm trying to compile salome 3.2.6 under gentoo; I'm using gcc-4.1; occ-6.2 (homebrew), both qt3 and qt4 installed, as well as pyqt-3.17 and pyqt-4.2, sip-4.6 .

I've patched

GUI_SRC_3.2.2/adm_local/unix/config_files/check_sip.m4

and

GUI_SRC_3.2.2/src/SALOME_PYQT/SALOME_PYQT_GUI/Makefile.in
    GUI_SRC_3.2.2/src/SALOME_PYQT/SalomePyQt/Makefile.in

(the one that checks for pyqt) in both places as mentioned in thread 1212

That eventually solved the failure or recursion over

SALOME_PYQT_GUI.sip

But now compilation fails at VTKViewer_ExtractUnstructuredGrid.lo . Here is the log:

g++ -m64 -D_OCC64 -g -D_DEBUG_ -Wno-deprecated -Wparentheses -Wreturn-type -Wunused -pthread -DOMNIORB_VERSION=4 -D__x86__ -D__linux__ -DCOMP_CORBA_DOUBLE -DCOMP_CORBA_LONG -I../../include/salome -I../../../../src3.2.6/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer -I. -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/omniORB4 -I/usr/include/COS -I/usr/qt/3/include -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -I/usr/include/vtk -DOCC_VERSION_MAJOR=6 -DOCC_VERSION_MINOR=2 -DOCC_VERSION_MAINTENANCE=0 -DLIN -DLINTEL -DCSFDB -DNo_exception -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_LIMITS_H -DHAVE_WOK_CONFIG_H -DOCC_CONVERT_SIGNALS -I/usr/opencascade-6.2/ros//inc -c ../../../../src3.2.6/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_ExtractUnstructuredGrid.cxx  -fPIC -DPIC -o VTKViewer_ExtractUnstructuredGrid.lo

../../../../src3.2.6/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_ExtractUnstructuredGrid.cxx: In member function 'virtual void VTKViewer_ExtractUnstructuredGrid::Execute()':

../../../../src3.2.6/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_ExtractUnstructuredGrid.cxx:243: error: no matching function for call to 'vtkUnstructuredGrid::SetCells(vtkUnsignedCharArray*&, VTKViewer_CellLocationsArray*&, vtkCellArray*&;)'

/usr/include/vtk/vtkUnstructuredGrid.h:100: note: candidates are: void vtkUnstructuredGrid::SetCells(int, vtkCellArray*)
    /usr/include/vtk/vtkUnstructuredGrid.h:101: note:                 void vtkUnstructuredGrid::SetCells(int*, vtkCellArray*)
    /usr/include/vtk/vtkUnstructuredGrid.h:103: note:                 void vtkUnstructuredGrid::SetCells(vtkUnsignedCharArray*, vtkIdTypeArray*, vtkCellArray*)

../../../../src3.2.6/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_ExtractUnstructuredGrid.cxx:332: error: no matching function for call to 'vtkUnstructuredGrid::SetCells(vtkUnsignedCharArray*&, VTKViewer_CellLocationsArray*&, vtkCellArray*&;)'

/usr/include/vtk/vtkUnstructuredGrid.h:100: note: candidates are: void vtkUnstructuredGrid::SetCells(int, vtkCellArray*)
    /usr/include/vtk/vtkUnstructuredGrid.h:101: note:                 void vtkUnstructuredGrid::SetCells(int*, vtkCellArray*)
    /usr/include/vtk/vtkUnstructuredGrid.h:103: note:                 void vtkUnstructuredGrid::SetCells(vtkUnsignedCharArray*, vtkIdTypeArray*, vtkCellArray*)

../../../../src3.2.6/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_ExtractUnstructuredGrid.cxx: At global scope:
    ../../../../src3.2.6/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_ExtractUnstructuredGrid.cxx:41: warning: 'MYDEBUG' defined but not used

make[1]: *** [VTKViewer_ExtractUnstructuredGrid.lo] Erreur 1
    make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/florent/src/salome/build_3.2.6/gui/src/VTKViewer »
    make: *** [all] Erreur 2

(I've just added a few newlines to make it readable). I feel it's getting close! Still this time I'm stuck, and google is silent about this one. Any hint is welcome.
    • Re: salome-3.2.6: GUI compile error : VTKViewer setCells

Posted by Isidore Ducasse at May 18. 2007
      BTW I'm using vtk-5.0.3 compiled with python, qt3, java and  threads support.

I do get a warning at configure :

config.status: WARNING:  /home/florent/src/salome/src3.2.6/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/adm_local/unix/make_commence.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting

Posted by Daniel Tourde - Caelae.se at May 22. 2007
        Isidore Ducasse wrote:
        BTW I'm using vtk-5.0.3 compiled with python, qt3, java and  threads support.

I do get a warning at configure :

config.status: WARNING:  /home/florent/src/salome/src3.2.6/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/adm_local/unix/make_commence.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting

Isidore,

I am very interested by the results of your tests.
        I have created ebuilds for OpenCascade 6.1 and part of salome (3.2.2). Please check bugs.gentoo.org to find them (I don't remember the # of the bugs...)
        - Regarding OpenCascade 6.2 I do not succeed to compile it on my gentoo box (gcc 4.1.2). I am interested to know if you have applied any patch.
        - Regarding Salome, I have also had some troubles getting it to work.

Could we help each others and create reliable ebuilds?

Daniel

Posted by Tomo Bessho at May 26. 2007
          by changing the file GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_CellLocationsArray.h, line25
          you will be able to avoid this error.
          > #if ((VTK_MAJOR_VERSION == 5) || ((VTK_MAJOR_VERSION==4) && (VTK_MINOR_VERSION>=4) ))

But, then, I encountered the following error on VTKViewer_AppendFilter.cxx as follows.
          Checking the header file, I found that VTKAppendFilter class's structure has changed from 4.2.X to 5.0.X.
          We may have to downgrade VTK version to 4.2.X (but ebuild for vtk-4.2 seems to be removed from my gentoo portage directory!!)

> ../../../../src/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_AppendFilter.cxx: In member function 'void VTKViewer_AppendFilter::DoMapping()':
          > ../../../../src/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_AppendFilter.cxx:122: error: 'class VTKViewer_AppendFilter' has no member named 'NumberOfInputs'
          > ../../../../src/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_AppendFilter.cxx:123: error: 'class VTKViewer_AppendFilter' has no member named 'Inputs'

Posted by Tomo Bessho at May 27. 2007
            Tomo Bessho wrote:
            But, then, I encountered the following error on VTKViewer_AppendFilter.cxx as follows.
            > ../../../../src/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_AppendFilter.cxx: In member function 'void VTKViewer_AppendFilter::DoMapping()':
            > ../../../../src/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_AppendFilter.cxx:122: error: 'class VTKViewer_AppendFilter' has no member named 'NumberOfInputs'
            > ../../../../src/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_AppendFilter.cxx:123: error: 'class VTKViewer_AppendFilter' has no member named 'Inputs'

Self Response.
            I may found the solution for the above problem.
            By editting GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_AppendFilter.cxx
            as follows, I could avoid the errors.

1. adding the description for a header file.
            #include
            #include
            + #include

2. replace the following description in some place.
            - this->NumberOfInputs
            + this->GetNumberOfInputConnections(0)

- this->Inputs[aDataSetId]
            + this->GetExecutive()->GetInputData(0,aDataSetId)

But I'm afraid I have not do any test if this modification is truely correct.
            I would appreciate it if someone castigate this modification.

Posted by Alexey PETROV at May 28. 2007
              Dear Bessho,

You are completely right, the modifications are correct and will work.
              Nevertheless, I would like to inform you that porting of SALOME on VTK 5.x is already performed an will be available on the next major version of this application (SALOME 4.0).

Best regards,
              Alexey

Posted by Tomo Bessho at May 28. 2007
                great news!

When will it be available?

Posted by Daniel Tourde - Caelae.se at May 28. 2007
              Tomo Bessho wrote:
              Tomo Bessho wrote:

Self Response.
              I may found the solution for the above problem.
              By editting GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_AppendFilter.cxx
              as follows, I could avoid the errors.

1. adding the description for a header file.
              #include
              #include
              + #include

2. replace the following description in some place.
              - this->NumberOfInputs
              + this->GetNumberOfInputConnections(0)

- this->Inputs[aDataSetId]
              + this->GetExecutive()->GetInputData(0,aDataSetId)

But I'm afraid I have not do any test if this modification is truely correct.
              I would appreciate it if someone castigate this modification.

Can you provide a patch? I am writing an ebuild at the moment for salome. I would include the patch in the ebuild.

Posted by Tomo Bessho at May 29. 2007
                Dear Daniel

Sorry for the late reply.
                 I have attached the patch.
                This is just for the VTK issue, therefore, we have to modify some Makefile.in and XXX.m4 files as before.

=======================================

diff -cr GUI_SRC_3.2.6.orig/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_AppendFilter.cxx GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_AppendFilter.cxx
                *** GUI_SRC_3.2.6.orig/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_AppendFilter.cxx    2007-05-29 22:46:12.000000000 +0900
                --- GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_AppendFilter.cxx    2007-05-29 22:55:08.000000000 +0900
                *** 32,37 ****
                --- 32,38 ----
                  #include
                  #include
                  #include
                + #include
                  #include
                  #include
                  #include
                *** 119,126 ****
                    vtkIdType aPntStartId = 0;
                    vtkIdType aCellStartId = 0;

!   for(vtkIdType aDataSetId = 0; aDataSetId < this->NumberOfInputs; ++aDataSetId){
                !     vtkDataSet* aDataSet = (vtkDataSet *)(this->Inputs[aDataSetId]);
                      // Do mapping of the nodes
                      if(!GetSharedPointsDataSet()){
                        vtkIdType aNbPnts = aDataSet->GetNumberOfPoints();
                --- 120,127 ----
                    vtkIdType aPntStartId = 0;
                    vtkIdType aCellStartId = 0;

!   for(vtkIdType aDataSetId = 0; aDataSetId < this->GetNumberOfInputConnections(0); ++aDataSetId){
                !     vtkDataSet* aDataSet = (vtkDataSet *)(this->GetExecutive()->GetInputData(0,aDataSetId));
                      // Do mapping of the nodes
                      if(!GetSharedPointsDataSet()){
                        vtkIdType aNbPnts = aDataSet->GetNumberOfPoints();
                *** 265,275 ****

numCells = 0;

!   vtkDataSetAttributes::FieldList cellList(this->NumberOfInputs);
                    int firstCD=1;

!   for (idx = 0; idx < this->NumberOfInputs; ++idx) {
                !     ds = (vtkDataSet *)(this->Inputs[idx]);
                      if (ds != NULL)  {
                        if ( ds->GetNumberOfPoints() <= 0 && ds->GetNumberOfCells() <= 0 )  {
                          continue; //no input, just skip
                --- 266,276 ----

numCells = 0;

!   vtkDataSetAttributes::FieldList cellList(this->GetNumberOfInputConnections(0));
                    int firstCD=1;

!   for (idx = 0; idx < this->GetNumberOfInputConnections(0); ++idx) {
                !     ds = (vtkDataSet *)(this->GetExecutive()->GetInputData(0,idx));
                      if (ds != NULL)  {
                        if ( ds->GetNumberOfPoints() <= 0 && ds->GetNumberOfCells() <= 0 )  {
                          continue; //no input, just skip
                *** 308,315 ****
                    output->GetPointData()->PassData(GetSharedPointsDataSet()->GetPointData());

// 2.cells
                !   for (idx = 0; idx < this->NumberOfInputs; ++idx) {
                !     ds = (vtkDataSet *)(this->Inputs[idx]);
                      if (ds != NULL) {
                        numCells = ds->GetNumberOfCells();
                        cd = ds->GetCellData();
                --- 309,316 ----
                    output->GetPointData()->PassData(GetSharedPointsDataSet()->GetPointData());

// 2.cells
                !   for (idx = 0; idx < this->GetNumberOfInputConnections(0); ++idx) {
                !     ds = (vtkDataSet *)(this->GetExecutive()->GetInputData(0,idx));
                      if (ds != NULL) {
                        numCells = ds->GetNumberOfCells();
                        cd = ds->GetCellData();
                diff -cr GUI_SRC_3.2.6.orig/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_CellLocationsArray.h GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_CellLocationsArray.h
                *** GUI_SRC_3.2.6.orig/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_CellLocationsArray.h    2007-05-29 22:46:12.000000000 +0900
                --- GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/VTKViewer/VTKViewer_CellLocationsArray.h    2007-05-29 22:48:16.000000000 +0900
                *** 22,28 ****

#include "VTKViewer.h"

! #if (VTK_MAJOR_VERSION >= 4) &&  (VTK_MINOR_VERSION >= 4)
                  #  include
                  #  define TCellLocationsArray vtkIdTypeArray
                  #else
                --- 22,28 ----

#include "VTKViewer.h"

! #if ((VTK_MAJOR_VERSION == 5) || ((VTK_MAJOR_VERSION==4) && (VTK_MINOR_VERSION>=4) ))
                  #  include
                  #  define TCellLocationsArray vtkIdTypeArray
                  #else

Posted by Daniel Tourde - Caelae.se at July 28. 2007

Hello!

Thanks for the patch. I applied it and still I got this error message. Any idea?

Daniel

i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -march=prescott -mfpmath=sse -Os -pipe -O -Wno-deprecated -Wparentheses -Wreturn-type -Wunused -pthread -DOMNIORB_VERSION=4 -D__x86__ -D__linux__ -DCOMP_CORBA_DOUBLE -DCOMP_CORBA_LONG -I../../include/salome -I. -I. -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/omniORB4 -I/usr/include/COS -I/usr/qt/3/include -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -I/usr/include/vtk-5.0 -DOCC_VERSION_MAJOR=6 -DOCC_VERSION_MINOR=1 -DOCC_VERSION_MAINTENANCE=0 -DLIN -DLINTEL -DCSFDB -DNo_exception -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_LIMITS_H -DHAVE_WOK_CONFIG_H -DNO_CXX_EXCEPTION -I/usr/opencascade-6.1/ros//inc -c VTKViewer_GeometryFilter.cxx  -fPIC -DPIC -o VTKViewer_GeometryFilter.lo
                  VTKViewer_GeometryFilter.cxx: In member function 'virtual void VTKViewer_GeometryFilter::Execute()':
                  VTKViewer_GeometryFilter.cxx:83: error: invalid conversion from 'vtkDataObject*' to 'vtkDataSet*'
                  make[3]: *** [VTKViewer_GeometryFilter.lo] Error 1