Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Problem with Netgen patch

Problem with Netgen patch

Up to Install & build
  • Problem with Netgen patch

Posted by Todd Martin at May 29. 2007
    Firstly the "netgen45ForSalome.patch" in the latest sources for Salome 3.2.6 has been saved in DOS/Windows format. I could not figure out why the patch failed on every hunk, until I opened the patch file and saved it back into Unix format.

Secondly the Netgen 4.5 source files I downloaded from the netgen CVS repository are obviously different from the ones being used by the Salome team. If you're going to provide a patch for 3rd party source, it would be very helpful to supply the 3rd party source you're actually patching! Manually applying the failed patches is a pain in the bum.
    • Re: Problem with Netgen patch

Posted by Sergey Mozokhin at May 29. 2007

Todd Martin wrote:
      Firstly the "netgen45ForSalome.patch" in the latest sources for Salome 3.2.6 has been saved in DOS/Windows format. I could not figure out why the patch failed on every hunk, until I opened the patch file and saved it back into Unix format.

Secondly the Netgen 4.5 source files I downloaded from the netgen CVS repository are obviously different from the ones being used by the Salome team. If you're going to provide a patch for 3rd party source, it would be very helpful to supply the 3rd party source you're actually patching! Manually applying the failed patches is a pain in the bum.

Hello,

Thank you for your remark about Windows coding - we will correct this problem for next version, sure.

About sources of NETGEN - you can find it in Install Wizard, as well as sources for all necessary 3d party products. It is not necessary to download it from CVS.

Regards,

Sergey.

Posted by Todd Martin at May 29. 2007
        Sergey Mozokhin wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your remark about Windows coding - we will correct this problem for next version, sure.

About sources of NETGEN - you can find it in Install Wizard, as well as sources for all necessary 3d party products. It is not necessary to download it from CVS.

Regards,

Sergey.

Hi.

No. I cannot get the source from the Install Wizard, as I only downloaded the Salome sources. The thought of downloading the 550M binaries with a dialup modem blows the mind. We do not all have fast broadband, or even broadband!

Todd.

Posted by Igor Nazarov at May 29. 2007
        Hi,

I just now rechecked coding of netgen-4.5-for-SALOME.patch file. Coding is UNIX.
        And it works correctly during installing netgen from source files by Installation procedure.
        Please have a look for netgen-4.5.sh in config_files folder of Installation Procedure for details of patch use.

Best Regards
        Igor