Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Error libSalomeApp.so

Error libSalomeApp.so

Up to Install & build
  • Error libSalomeApp.so

Posted by schubert at June 21. 2007
    Hi all,

I'm getting a error when starting Salome 3.2.6 on Kubuntu 7.04.

Can not laod application library "libSalomeApp.so": /home/arthur/OpenFOAM/linux/gcc-4.1.2/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version 'GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

I've installed from InstallWizard_3.2.6_DebianSarge and with this howoto:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2798669

any help?

thx

arthur
    • Re: Error libSalomeApp.so

Posted by Kwun Ho Ngan at June 21. 2007
      Try to see if you have installed gcc from sympatic. I think you are missing the C compiler to start things off.

Posted by schubert at June 22. 2007
        Kwun Ho Ngan wrote:
        Try to see if you have installed gcc from sympatic. I think you are missing the C compiler to start things off.

I already checked it.

I have :

gcc
        gcc-3.3-base
        gcc-3.4
        gcc-3.4-base
        gcc-4.1
        gcc-4.1-base
        libgcc1

installed. I already try to install gcc 4.2.0 too but I don't finde any packages for ubuntu 7.04.

Posted by Kwun Ho Ngan at June 22. 2007
          What is your version of libstdc++? I have 4.1.2-0ubuntu4 installed. I am using ubuntu 7.0.4 though.

Posted by schubert at June 22. 2007
            Kwun Ho Ngan wrote:
            What is your version of libstdc++? I have 4.1.2-0ubuntu4 installed. I am using ubuntu 7.0.4 though.

I have libstdc++ 5 & libstdc++ 6 installed
            The first one required gcc3.3 and the second gcc 4.1.2-0ubuntu4.
            My gcc version is gcc3.3.6-15ubuntu1 and gcc4.1.2-0ubuntu4.

Posted by Kwun Ho Ngan at June 22. 2007
              That's very strange 'cause I have similar setting as you do and I don't have any error when installed as the instruction that you follow. gcc_4.2.0 is the latest which is only out in May.

Just by any luck, did you recently install anything or compile from source anything that has a link with the latest gcc?

My apology if I have guided you around the bush but I am not an expert. I also learn to install and use Salome by trial and error.

Posted by schubert at July 05. 2007
                Kwun Ho Ngan wrote:
                That's very strange 'cause I have similar setting as you do and I don't have any error when installed as the instruction that you follow. gcc_4.2.0 is the latest which is only out in May.

Just by any luck, did you recently install anything or compile from source anything that has a link with the latest gcc?

My apology if I have guided you around the bush but I am not an expert. I also learn to install and use Salome by trial and error.

Accidently I found the solution of my problem. In addiction to salome I've installed OpenFOAM too. I did using this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=156298 howto. The problem was stetting of enviromet variables. After removing this modification of the bash I can start salome without any problems.