Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build works - Salome 3.2.6 on Ubuntu 64 bit Gutsy amd64

works - Salome 3.2.6 on Ubuntu 64 bit Gutsy amd64

Up to Install & build
  • works - Salome 3.2.6 on Ubuntu 64 bit Gutsy amd64

Posted by Thomas Ward at October 25. 2007
    I have just installed Salome 3.2.6 on Ubuntu, seems to work well

steps I did in no particular order

read through the requirements for Salome Mandriva 2006 64 bit
    and install the dev versions of everythin on the list - not sure if this was neccessary but I thought it wouldn't harm anything

2. install google earth, install all 32bit libraries from defaults locations and for 32bit firefox/ acrobat

link /usr/lib32/libpng12.so.something to /usr/lib32/libpng

copy 64bit libgfortran.so.0 from an FC4 rpm  - googled for "libgfortran.so.0 FC4"
    did this via rpm2cpio and mc
    ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/updates/4/x86_64/libgfortran-4.0.2-8.fc4.x86_64.rpm

ran the install tool and installed all from binaries except netgen which I installed from source (I wanted to make sure this was 64bit becase I was running out of memory on 32bit2)
    Ignored warnings about the wrong gcc verision

it works so far but I have only loaded in a previos model and meshed it, seems OK

thank you to the SALOME team for makeing SALOME available,

Tom Ward

• Re: works - Salome 3.2.6 on Ubuntu 64 bit Gutsy amd64

Posted by aali978 at October 29. 2007
      What I have not fully understood what you installed google earth? ? ? What realation with? ?
      I had the problem that some modules do not work  (libgfortrant.so.0 does not exist), I have centOS 5 (64bits), and that's why I believe that the key step  was really No. 4

Posted by Dario77 at November 20. 2007
        I've installed salome 64 on ubuntu 7.04 64 bit, on Centos 5 64 bit and on Debian 4.0r1 64 bit.

On centos 5 I've installed salome with ./runInstall and installed netgen source

On Debian and ubuntu I used ./runIstall -b and I've modificated the config.xml as follow

version="4.5"
                   description="Quadrangle meshing algorithmic tool"
                   install="install sources"
               supported="install sources,install binaries"
               disable="false"
               dependancies="gcc,OpenCascade"
               installdiskspace="7533"
               temporarydiskspace="11936"
               script="netgen-4.5.sh"/>

I've installed libgfortran.so.0.0.0 from a Fc4 rpm and linked as libgfortran.so.0 in usr/lib and it works for all sistems I've tested.

On ubuntu and on debian I've installed libpng.

Posted by Seth Jackson at January 17. 2008
          hi,

how did you compile OpenCascade for ubuntu 64bit?  do you have a copy of the libs you could send me?

-Seth

Posted by Adam Powell at January 18. 2008
            Seth Jackson wrote:
            hi,

how did you compile OpenCascade for ubuntu 64bit?  do you have a copy of the libs you could send me?

-Seth

I made an OpenCascade Debian package which should install in Ubuntu, see http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/opencascade/

I am completing a Salomé package as well, stay tuned...