Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build SALOME ON FEDORA CORE3

SALOME ON FEDORA CORE3

Up to Install & build
  • SALOME ON FEDORA CORE3

Posted by OTTINGER at July 29. 2005
    Hallo, I am now installing Fedora Core3 on my PC ... could anyone tell me if last release of Salome is well supported by this Operating System? Thank You in advance
    • Re: SALOME ON FEDORA CORE3

Posted by Yves Fricaud at September 02. 2005
      ><br >
      The Version 2.2.2 of SALOME can be installed on FEDORA Core 3

The installation procedure configurated for Redhat 8 an 9 , tries to use the native products of your computer.
      On FEDORA Core 3 you have  to force the use  of all the products of the CD

To do that you have to follow the following steps:
      - Launch the installation procedure.
      - In the second page "install settings" click on the button "more"
      - In the new page select "install binaries" for each product, each time it's possible.
      - click on "next" and continue the installation.

Posted by Andriy Andreykiv at July 11. 2006
        Hi, I tried to use the same procudure you explained for FEDORA 3 for FEDORA 5, but it didn't work. After installation I still get the message
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        SALOME_Session_Server: error while loading shared libraries: libdps.so.1: cannot                              open shared object file: No such file or directory
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/cluster1/andrico/SALOME_FEDORA/KERNEL_2.2.8/bin/salome/runSalome.py", l                             ine 670, in useSalome
            clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir)
          File "/cluster1/andrico/SALOME_FEDORA/KERNEL_2.2.8/bin/salome/runSalome.py", l                             ine 585, in startSalome
            session=clt.waitNSPID("/Kernel/Session",mySessionServ.PID,SALOME.Session)
          File "/cluster1/andrico/SALOME_FEDORA/KERNEL_2.2.8/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", l                             ine 153, in waitNSPID
            raise "Impossible de trouver %s" % theName
        Impossible de trouver /Kernel/Session
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Is there an easy way to run Salome on Fedora 5?  Thank you, Andriy

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at July 11. 2006
          Hi

You just have to install the package xorg-x11-libs, via your package manager, or via http://rpm.pbone.net

Christophe

Posted by Andriy Andreykiv at July 18. 2006

Thank you very much, it did work. If you be so kind also to look at the following problem.

I have a weird crash of Salome on FC5 on my home computer. The strange thing is that I have the same OS at work and it works. I used the same instalation instructions for Salome. The only difference is the videocard. At work I have ASUS Extreme AX300,  while at home I have NVidia Ge Force 6600LE.
                The instalation went fine and, in fact, Salome does start, however when I open a model or create a new one my Fedora simply ends the session with some flickering of the screen, so I have to log in again. I checked whether I can see something in /var/log/messeges or /var/log/Xorg.0.log, but this crash is not really mentioned there (at least no explicit errors).
                I suspected that I might have problems with Open GL. But it seems that I do have GLX extension, plus I car run some Linux Open GL games. Nvidia system information also shows GLX information and does not complain.
            Please tell me if you have any guesses on what can that be.

Best regards,
                                       Andriy