Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build build error: CASCatch_Failure.cxx - Standard_Transient on Fedora 8

build error: CASCatch_Failure.cxx - Standard_Transient on Fedora 8

Up to Install & build
  • build error: CASCatch_Failure.cxx - Standard_Transient on Fedora 8

Posted by Danail Nedyalkov at December 05. 2007
    I've successfully build OpenCascade and installed all other dependencies as rpm packages(I've build omniORB-4.1.0 as rpm too) without the openpbs libraries(libtorque doesn't substitute it).
    Now I'm trying to build Salome 3.2.6 on Fedora 8.
    ./build_configure
    and
    ../../src3.2.6/KERNEL_SRC_3.2.6/configure --prefix=/opt/Salome/KERNEL/
    find all installed dependencies, including the OpenCascade libraries:
    config.log:
    configure:23676: checking for OpenCascade...
    configure:23731: checking for OpenCascade directories
    configure:23750: result: yes
    and the right paths are listed below. The only warnings are about redefined "PACKAGE", "VERSION", etc.
    In despite of that make gives the following error:
    ../../../../src3.2.6/KERNEL_SRC_3.2.6/src/CASCatch/CASCatch_Failure.cxx: In function 'Handle_Standard_Type& CASCatch_Failure_Type_()':
    ../../../../src3.2.6/KERNEL_SRC_3.2.6/src/CASCatch/CASCatch_Failure.cxx:27: error: 'Standard_Transient_Type_' was not declared in this scope
    make[2]: *** [libCASCatch_la-CASCatch_Failure.lo] Error 1
    In the config.log the libs are found:
    configure:24018: g++ -c  -g -D_DEBUG_  -Wno-deprecated -Wparentheses -Wreturn-type -Wunused -pthread   -DOCC_VERSION_MAJOR=6 -DOCC_VERSION_MINOR=2 -DOCC_VERSION_MAINTENANCE=0 -DLIN -DLINTEL -DCSFDB -DNo_exception -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_LIMITS_H -DHAVE_WOK_CONFIG_H -DOCC_CONVERT_SIGNALS -I/opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/ros/inc conftest.cpp >&5
    In file included from /opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/ros/inc/Standard_values.h:27,
                     from /opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/ros/inc/Standard_Integer.hxx:9,
                     from /opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/ros/inc/Standard_Address.hxx:21,
                     from /opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/ros/inc/Standard.hxx:28,
                     from /opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/ros/inc/Standard_Type.hxx:27,
                     from conftest.cpp:59:
    I don't see any problem concerning paths/dependencies here and I don't know what to search for...
    There was a topic about Salome 3.2.2 on Gentoo with almost the same problem, but the solution doesn't apply to me.

Thank you for the help in advance!

• Re: build error: CASCatch_Failure.cxx - Standard_Transient on Fedora 8

Posted by Danail Nedyalkov at December 09. 2007
      self response:
      I had to first delete the whole build directory and configure it again. Then, as on gentoo, I just had to 'export  CXXFLAGS="-ffriend-injection -fpermissive" '.