Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc SalomePyQt.h enums not declared in this scope

sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc SalomePyQt.h enums not declared in this scope

Up to Install & build
  • sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc SalomePyQt.h enums not declared in this scope

Posted by Danail Nedyalkov at February 05. 2008
    After compiling the kernel module and setting the env variables for the gui I get this:

g++ -ffriend-injection -fpermissive -g -D_DEBUG_ -Wno-deprecated -Wparentheses -Wreturn-type -Wunused -pthread -DOMNIORB_VERSION=4 -D__x86__ -D__linux__ -DCOMP_CORBA_DOUBLE -DCOMP_CORBA_LONG -I../../../include/salome -I../../../../../src3.2.6/GUI_SRC_3.2.6/src/SALOME_PYQT/SalomePyQt -I. -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/omniORB4 -I/usr/include/COS -I/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/python2.5 -DOCC_VERSION_MAJOR=6 -DOCC_VERSION_MINOR=2 -DOCC_VERSION_MAINTENANCE=0 -DLIN -DLINTEL -DCSFDB -DNo_exception -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_LIMITS_H -DHAVE_WOK_CONFIG_H -DOCC_CONVERT_SIGNALS -I/opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/ros/inc -I/usr/include/vtk -I/usr/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/opt/Salome/KERNEL/include/salome -c sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o sipSalomePyQtcmodule.lo

sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:120: error: 'Edit' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:121: error: 'File' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:122: error: 'Help' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:123: error: 'PT_Bool' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:124: error: 'PT_Color' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:125: error: 'PT_DblSpin' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:126: error: 'PT_DirList' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:127: error: 'PT_Double' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:128: error: 'PT_File' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:129: error: 'PT_Font' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:130: error: 'PT_GroupBox' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:131: error: 'PT_IntSpin' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:132: error: 'PT_Integer' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:133: error: 'PT_Selector' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:134: error: 'PT_Space' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:135: error: 'PT_String' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:136: error: 'PT_User' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:137: error: 'Preferences' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:138: error: 'Tools' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:139: error: 'View' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:140: error: 'WT_LogWindow' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:141: error: 'WT_ObjectBrowser' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:142: error: 'WT_PyConsole' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:143: error: 'WT_User' was not declared in this scope
    sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc:144: error: 'Window' was not declared in this scope

Those enums are declared in the SalomePyQt.h. Why doesn't the .cc file see them?
    • Re: sipSalomePyQtcmodule.cc SalomePyQt.h enums not declared in this scope

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at February 05. 2008
      Hello Danail,

What version of sip do you use? You can check this with 'sip -V' command.
      Such problem has been found for some latest versions of sip.

To fix this pb you can try to add the following line to the top of the SalomePyQt_v4.sip file:
      %Module SalomePyQt

%Import qtmod.sip

%ExportedHeaderCode
      #include
      %End

Regards,
      Vadim.

Posted by Danail Nedyalkov at February 05. 2008
        Thank you! That does the trick. I have sip-4.7.1.
        Now make finishes without an error, but make install not:

/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `../../share/salome/resources/gui/SUIT_images.qm': No such file or directory
        /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `../../share/salome/resources/gui/SUIT_msg_en.qm': No such file or directory

That's because I don't have msg2qm, but I don't know where to find that package. It seems to be an obsolete binary in the qt package.

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at February 06. 2008
          Hello Danail,

If you use any version of Qt 3.x, you can find msg2qm tool sources in the qt's sources distribution, for example: qt-x11-free-3.3.8/tools/msg2qm folder.

But in this case, you need to download the qt sources package, if you do not have it.
          Another way is using of the corresponding srcrpm package from the Linux distribution.

But I wonder why you've faced this problem. Don't you use standard SALOME installation procedure? The SALOME Installation Wizard provides a binary of the msg2qm tool which is used for the SALOME compilation.

Regards,
          Vadim.