Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build is Med different from MED?

is Med different from MED?

Up to Install & build
  • is Med different from MED?

Posted by Jeff Shanab at January 22. 2006
    I am trying to get the kernel compiled. In the README it says MED depends on the KERNEL
    It also says kernel depends on Med and there is a check in the makefiles for med2
    I see references to 2.2.0,2.2.2,2.2.8. This is a very complex build system and I can't make heads or tails of it.

is the MED_SOURCES in the tar the med package ir a component that interfaces to med?
    • Re: is Med different from MED?

Posted by LEFEBVRE Vincent at January 23. 2006
      Jeff Shanab wrote:
      I am trying to get the kernel compiled. In the README it says MED depends on the KERNEL
      It also says kernel depends on Med and there is a check in the makefiles for med2
      I see references to 2.2.0,2.2.2,2.2.8. This is a very complex build system and I can't make heads or tails of it.

is the MED_SOURCES in the tar the med package ir a component that interfaces to med?

Hi,

In fact, there is a first dependence from the MED module to the KERNEL module.

And there is another dependence from the KERNEL module to the Med library. The Med library is an external library (like hdf5) which is used by the MED module to load/save MED files.