Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build install on ubuntu with Mandrake 10.1 xml

install on ubuntu with Mandrake 10.1 xml

Up to Install & build
  • install on ubuntu with Mandrake 10.1 xml

Posted by guillaume niel at February 06. 2006
    Hi,
    I try to install salome on ubuntu with Mandrake 10.1 xml file. When I launch the wizard, there is a message saying that I have a newer version of python (2.4 for 2.3.4 required) but I go on.
    After installation, I do a 'source salome.sh', and then I do a runSalome. Here is the message I get after that :

Searching for a free port for naming service: 2810 - Ok
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "", line 1, in ?
      File "/salome/omniORB-4.0.5/lib/python2.3/site-packages/CORBA.py", line 3, in ?
        import sys, omniORB.CORBA
      File "/salome/omniORB-4.0.5/lib/python2.3/site-packages/omniORB/__init__.py", line 203, in ?
        import _omnipy
    ImportError: /salome/omniORB-4.0.5/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_omnipymodule.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS 2_FromUnicode
      File "/salome/KERNEL_2.2.8/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 4, in ?
        import orbmodule
      File "/salome/KERNEL_2.2.8/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 3, in ?
        from omniORB import CORBA
      File "/salome/omniORB-4.0.5/lib/python2.3/site-packages/omniORB/__init__.py", line 203, in ?
        import _omnipy
    ImportError: /salome/omniORB-4.0.5/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_omnipymodule.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS 2_FromUnicode

What have I to do ?

Thanks for your help

Guillaume
    • Re: install on ubuntu with Mandrake 10.1 xml

Posted by Sergey Mozokhin at February 07. 2006
      guillaume niel wrote:
      Hi,
      I try to install salome on ubuntu with Mandrake 10.1 xml file. When I launch the wizard, there is a message saying that I have a newer version of python (2.4 for 2.3.4 required) but I go on.
      After installation, I do a 'source salome.sh', and then I do a runSalome. Here is the message I get after that :

File "", line 1, in ?
          import _omnipy
          import orbmodule
          import _omnipy

What have I to do ?

Thanks for your help

Guillaume

Hello,

When you do install you choose to install native python (i.e. from your OS) and omnirob from SALOME distibutive..

It seems that your native python was compiled without support of UNICODE (or something similar). Precompiled omnirob from CD was built with python with this support. Because of this there is undefined reference.

The easiest way to solve is to install also binaries of python 2.3.4 from SALOME distributive. Please choose option "install from binaries" for Python. In this case it should be OK.

If you prefer in any case to use your native python, other way is to rebuild omniOrb with your python from scratch.

Best regards,

Sergey.

Posted by CAREMOLI Christian at February 07. 2006
      Hi,

The explanation is probably : Salome has been built with a python configured with UCS2 unicode (default configuration for python 2.3).
      You use a python2.4 configured with UCS4 unicode so you can't find entry points for UCS2.
      You need a python with UCS2 unicode.

I use a Debian installation (sarge). Python 2.3 is configured by default with UCS4 so perhaps, you could have a better chance with a Debian Salome install.
      But beware with the potentially incompatible binary API between 2.3 and 2.4.

Regards
      Christian

guillaume niel wrote:
      Hi,

File "", line 1, in ?
          import _omnipy
          import orbmodule
          import _omnipy

What have I to do ?

Thanks for your help

Guillaume

Posted by guillaume niel at February 07. 2006
        Hi,
        I managed to install salome with the Mandrake10.1 config file by installing Python 2.3.4 sources in the salome Wizard...
        thanks for your help

Guillaume

Posted by guillaume niel at February 07. 2006
          mistake : I installed Python 2.3.4 with binaries, not sources...