Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build from CAElinux Salome2.2.2 to Salome2.2.8

from CAElinux Salome2.2.2 to Salome2.2.8

Up to Install & build
  • from CAElinux Salome2.2.2 to Salome2.2.8

Posted by Guérout at February 23. 2006

Hello !

We use Salome 2.2.2 provided with Aster on CAElinux.com website. We 'd like to try to install version 2.2.8. Does anyone know what we are supposed to install ?

download for redhat8 or for Mandrake 10.1 ?

other things before installing salome 2.2.8 ?

thanks in advance for your help !

Yann

• Re: from CAElinux Salome2.2.2 to Salome2.2.8

Posted by JMB at April 06. 2006
      Guérout wrote:

Hello !

We use Salome 2.2.2 provided with Aster on CAElinux.com website. We 'd like to try to install version 2.2.8. Does anyone know what we are supposed to install ?

download for redhat8 or for Mandrake 10.1 ?

other things before installing salome 2.2.8 ?

thanks in advance for your help !

Yann

Hello,

I have installed Salome on RH FC3 without much tweaking.  I was able to install it on a version that is only semi uptodate as far as rpms are concerned.  The steps I followed (and worked for me, but may not for you) are shown below:

# wget -nd http://www.salome-platform.org/download/...    # Download from the website using Firefox
      # cd /tmp
      # gunzip -cd /home/LinuxDownLoads/FEA/salome/salome-2.2.8.tar.gz | tar -xvf -
      # cd SALOME-2.2.8/

# ./runInstall -g                    # Installed in /usr/local/bin/salome

The installation procedure configurated for Redhat 8 & 9, tries to use the native products of your computer.
      On FEDORA Core 3 you have to force the use of all the products of the salome-2.2.8 distribution

To do that you have to follow the following steps:
      - Launch the installation procedure.
      - In the second page "install settings" click on the button "more"
      - In the new page select "install binaries" for each product, each time it's possible.
      - click on "next" and continue the installation

To run salome:
      # cd /usr/local/bin/salome/KERNEL_2.2.8 && source salome.sh && /usr/local/bin/salome/KERNEL_2.2.8/bin/salome/runSalome &

If you get errors that a browser cannot be found when launching the documentation you can:
      # ln -s /usr/bin/firefox /usr/local/bin/mozilla
      (I did this because I prefer mozilla's firefox over the mozilla browser)

Good Luck
      JMB
    • Re: from CAElinux Salome2.2.2 to Salome2.2.8

Posted by Massimo De Marchi at April 06. 2006
      Hi,
      I installed Salome 2.2.8 it in Caelinux beta1.

I made a standard install from CD on a different path (/salome2.2.8).

I then sourced the shell environment variables an launched Salome. Both 2.2.2 and 2.2.8 are working. Only thing I have to launch Salome 2.2.8 from a shell window, otherwise it won't start...