CAELinux beta 2 LiveDVD
CAELinux beta 2 LiveDVDPosted by Joël Cugnoni at April 17. 2006
After several months of developments, the second Beta version of CAElinux LiveDVD distribution is finally available for download.
The features / programs included in this beta 2 distribution are the following:
- LiveDVD distribution based on PClinuxOS .92
- Includes the new 3D pre-/post processor SALOME v2.2.8 (GPL, developped by CEA/EDF/EADS, France) and the powerfull finite element solver Code-Aster v8.2 (GPL, developped by EDF, France)
- Offers a complete solution for CFD with OpenFOAM 1.2, Gerris Flow Solver and Openflower
- Includes other simulation softwares for multiphysics simulation: ELMER, Calculix, Tochnog, Impact, MBDyn
- Offers several scientific tools like GNU Octave, Scilab & Maxima and a full set of developpement tools / compilers.
For more info and downloads: http://www.caelinux.com
A VMWare virtual machine based on this release will also be published in a few days, so you can try CAELinux directly fron your Windows desktop by using the free VMWare player.
Thank you all for your support and suggestions,
Re: CAELinux beta 2 LiveDVDPosted by Joël Cugnoni at April 18. 2006The VMWare edition of CAELinux is now available for download.
With this virtual machine and the free VMWare Player software, you can use the CAELinux simulation environment directly from your current OS.
In other terms, now you can try Salomé + Code-Aster (and many more) directly from your Windows dekstop !!!
I hope that you will enjoy it