Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build SALOME version 3.2.1 Public Release

SALOME version 3.2.1 Public Release

Up to Install & build
  • SALOME version 3.2.1 Public Release

Posted by Web Consultant at July 28. 2006
    OPEN CASCADE is pleased to announce maintenance SALOME 3.2.1 version. It is a maintenance release that contains the results of planned major and minor improvements and bug fixes with reference to SALOME version 2.2.2 released at the beginning of year 2005.

The most important new features and improvements included in this release are:

• New and completely redesigned GUI framework proposes modern look and feel, clear and safe GUI programming model, multi-desktop approach, tabulated viewers and dockable windows concepts;
    • Dump Python functionality allows to save SALOME study as a Python script that can later be executed in SALOME;
    • Support of polygonal/polyhedral mesh elements and quadratic meshes both in SMESH and VISU;
    • Improved ergonomic of meshing GUI;
    • New viewer of fields in gauss points. This feature uses advanced features of modern graphic cards;
    • Ability to make light SALOME modules (without CORBA);
    • Redesigned documentation;
    • And many other features.
    Salome 3.2.1. features many new features and bug corrections over the previous public version (2.2.2).

SALOME 3.2.1
    supports Mandrake 10.1, Debian Sarge, Mandriva 2006, RedHat 8.0, 9.0, RedHat Enterprise 4, Scientific Linux 3.1 and Mandriva 64 bit. Please note that SALOME is not certified on this latter OS. See Salome Release Notes for a full list of prerequisites that are valid for SALOME 3.2.1 version.

The SALOME 3.2.1 pre-compiled binaries for Mandrake 10.1, Debian Sarge, Mandriva 2006 and RedHat 8.0 can be downloaded from the
    download page of the www.salome-platform.org website.

Detailed information is available in Salome 3.2.1 Release Notes (PDF) that can be found on the download page.

Please, feel free to contact us for any additional information.
    • Re: SALOME version 3.2.1 Public Release

Posted by Joël Cugnoni at July 28. 2006
      Woaw...

I just read the list of impovements and I am really amazed and excited by what I have seen !!

I will go in a rush to test this great work as soon as possible and would like to thank all the contributors in advance for their work...

With all the new features (python scripting made easy, quadratic elements, UNV read/write, NETGEN 2D/3D...), I can see that Salome Platform is really going in the right direction and will probably be a key Pre-Post in the future...

Now, let's go for another version of CAELinux with Salome 3.2.1 and Code Aster STA8.3!!

Best regards to all the dev team.

Joël Cugnoni, www.caelinux.com