Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build libSMESH.so not found on suse 10.1

libSMESH.so not found on suse 10.1

Up to Install & build
  • libSMESH.so not found on suse 10.1

Posted by Luc at August 05. 2006
    Hello, I installed salome on suse 10.1. It starts ok and i can make my geometry with GEOM module without any problem. But when i try to go to SMESH, VISU or MED module i got the error message : can not load library libSMESH.so. libgfortran.so.0: can not open shared library : file not found. (idem for other lib.so file) Can anyone help me to fix this problem. Thank you !!
    • Re: libSMESH.so not found on suse 10.1

Posted by Marc Britten at August 06. 2006
      On ubuntu this file is provided by libgfortran1. looks like your missing some of the fortran support files that an underlying library needs.

Posted by Marcelo Abarca at August 06. 2006
      Luc wrote:
      Hello, I installed salome on suse 10.1. It starts ok and i can make my geometry with GEOM module without any problem. But when i try to go to SMESH, VISU or MED module i got the error message : can not load library libSMESH.so. libgfortran.so.0: can not open shared library : file not found. (idem for other lib.so file) Can anyone help me to fix this problem. Thank you !!

i install with redhat version on suse 10.1, and i have the same mensage but with libg2c.so.0....

Posted by Luc at August 08. 2006

Hi,

I tried to find some library to get libgfortran.so.0 but i didn't succeed.

I think it's because i have gcc 4.1.xx and that i have libgfortran.so.1 instead.

i tried to link libgfortran.so.0 to libgfortran.so.1 but i got some error on some fortran functions.

Same problem if i use the mdk 10.0 package but with libg2c.so instead.

Luc

Posted by Luc at August 09. 2006

Hi,

I finally solve the problem by copying the libgfortran.so.0 file from a FC4 installation to my /usr/lib of the suse 10.1 installation.

it's not a clean solution but it works anyway !!

Posted by Marcelo Abarca at August 10. 2006
            Luc wrote:

Hi,

I finally solve the problem by copying the libgfortran.so.0 file from a FC4 installation to my /usr/lib of the suse 10.1 installation.

i final solve the problem....

my clean solution is... add repositories (for example packman )  in my yast ... and install all gcc and fortran libraries ...

thanks

sorry for my bad english...

Posted by Rainer Emrich at August 15. 2006
              Marcelo Abarca wrote:
              Luc wrote:

Hi,

i final solve the problem....

my clean solution is... add repositories (for example packman )  in my yast ... and install all gcc and fortran libraries ...

thanks

sorry for my bad english...

Hi Marcelo,

how did you install on SuSE 10.1? Wich configuration did you use?

I want to try, please help.

Rainer

Posted by Luc at August 16. 2006

Hi Rainer,

for suse 10.1, i used mandriva 2006 installation package.

i put python, qt and everything else in binary, just keeping the native gcc

in my case salome complained about a missing library at the start (something like lib???audio.so.0 i don't recall)

I just googled the library and found the package to install.

Then i got some error on some modules because of libgfortran. This is because of gcc 4.1 / gfortran which provide libgfortran.so.1 instead of libgfortran.so.0. Then you have to take care of having the good gcc version or like me to copy an old libgfortran.so.0 file in your /usr/lib/ (but i don't know if it's very good solution)

It should work like this : for me it does !!

good luck!

Posted by Pei-Ying Hsieh at September 15. 2006

Hi, Luc,

Did you install SuSE 10.1 on a 32-bit system or 64 bit system?  I only have 64 bit SuSE 10.1.  I am wondering if Salome v3.2.1 will run on a 64 bit SuSE 10.1.  Thanks!

phsieh2005

Posted by Luc at September 20. 2006
                    it is on 32 bits system. I don't have any experience on installing salome for 64 bits systems

Posted by Pierre Benjamin at November 09. 2006
                      L'installation sur Ubuntu réussit après quelques manips (notemment un lien de sh sur bash), mais sur certains modules il manque certaines librairies :

MESH .... libSMESH.so.libg2c.so.0
                      POST ....libVISU.so.libboost_signalgcc

Posted by ziad at May 21. 2007
                        Salome installs properly on OpenSuse10.2, with native gcc  version 4.1.2.

libg2c.so.0 issue solved by going to Yast / Software Management /
                            Select RPM provides and search for libg2c.so.0

You should get a list of all packages that provide this particular library (compat-g77 in my case). Install it and you're good to go

So far I've tried GEOM and SMESH and everything seems fine.

Posted by ziad at May 21. 2007
                          oh yeah,

AMD64 platform and Salomé version 3.2.2

Posted by Daniel Iglesias at October 05. 2007
                      I want to contribute, as you guys help me to solve the problem.

The Mandriva 64 bit Salome 3.2.6 got installed in an Opensuse 10.3 64 bit system. I solved the mesher issue installing this FC4 rpm...

ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/updates/4/x86_64/libgfortran-4.0.2-8.fc4.x86_64.rpm

Now it works fine.

Happy meshings!!

Posted by Joao Lirani at April 02. 2008
                        Try this:
                        a) For 64 bit architecture, after installing fortran (usually gfortran), you must have a file like:
                        libgfortran.so.x.y.z , probably in /usr/lib64 or /usr/lib
                        b) Find the exact name and where it is. Use , in GUI, the find feature with "libgfortran*" , or "find / -name libgfortran* -print"  in console mode as root (su). Let's say it is in /usr/lib64 , and the exact name is libgfortran.so.1.0.0 . If it is somewhere else, copy it to /usr/lib64
                        c) cd  /usr/lib64
                        d) create a new link to it with the name you are missing ( libgfortran.so.0 , for instance) with
                            ln -s libgfortran.so.1.0.0  libgfortran.so.0
                        e) it should work OK. If necessary repeat the operation in /usr/lib as well

Posted by Patti Sheaffer at July 05. 2008
                          In root mode, I was able to get this to run on openSuSE 10.2 64-bit by unzipping the InstallWizard_3.2.6_Mandriva2006.0_64.tar.gz file, moving the resulting directory to /usr/local, then running the installer from the /usr/local/salome_3.2.6 directory.  I ran into the MESH and libgfortran.so.0 error, so I installed the package:

rpm -Uvh gnat-gcc-4.0.2-SuSE_10_0_r2.x86_64.rpm

Then I had to make symbolic links so that SALOME would find the libraries:
                          ln -s /opt/gnat/gcc/lib64/libgfortran.so.0.0.0 /usr/lib/libgfortran.so.0
                          ln -s /opt/gnat/gcc/lib64/libgfortran.so.0.0.0 /usr/lib64/libgfortran.so.0
                          (I'm not sure the first link was exactly correct)

This was only supposed to take care of the libgfortran.so.0 problem, but it also took care of the libSMESH problem! (I'm not sure why...)  I did a search in YaST Provides for libgfortran.so.0 and libSMESH and got...
                          libSMESH             (no results)
                          libgfortran.so.0     gnat-gcc  The GNU Ada 2005 compiler

So far the errors are gone although I haven't been able to figure out how to actually get it to mesh anything...

Posted by t4321 at October 23. 2006
                    Pei-Ying Hsieh wrote:

Hi, Luc,

Did you install SuSE 10.1 on a 32-bit system or 64 bit system?  I only have 64 bit SuSE 10.1.  I am wondering if Salome v3.2.1 will run on a 64 bit SuSE 10.1.  Thanks!

phsieh2005

Hi Pei-Ying Hsieh,

I installed Salome 3.2.1 (version for Mandrake 10.1) on AMD64 with Suse 10.1 64bit. It works, but there is the same problem with libSMESH.so.... I am working on it.

Jen