Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Salome 3.2.1 on SuSE 10.1 64 bit OS?

Salome 3.2.1 on SuSE 10.1 64 bit OS?

Up to Install & build
  • Salome 3.2.1 on SuSE 10.1 64 bit OS?

Posted by Pei-Ying Hsieh at September 22. 2006
    Dear Salome experts:

I was able to install Salome 3.2.1 on Mandriva 2006 - loved Salome 3.2.1.
    Most of my workstations run SuSE 10.1 64 bit OS.  I have tried to install salome 3.2.1 on this OS and failed.  I suspect that the problem is both the 64 bit + gcc 4.1.  I got error message when I specified to install sources for Python, swig, and OmniORB.  I tried to compiled swig from source and specified "use native" in the GUI install wizard.  Still no go.  Because gfortran is 4.1, so I have libgfortran.so.1.  I copied libgfortran.so.0 from the Mandriva 2006 system.

Any suggestion?  Thanks!

phsieh2005
    • Re: Salome 3.2.1 on SuSE 10.1 64 bit OS?

Posted by Sergey Mozokhin at September 22. 2006

Hello Pei,

There is plan to certify SALOME on Mandriva 64. Such certified version will be available in the one-two months I hope. 

There will be special Install Wizard dedicated to Mandriva 64, and I think it will be more compatible with Suse 64. I propose you to wait a little bit.

Regards,

Sergey.

Posted by Pei-Ying Hsieh at September 22. 2006

Thanks a lot for the reply, Sergey!

Pei-Ying

Posted by reilley at September 25. 2006
          Hi, Sergey,

Currently I am using RedHat Fedora Core 3 64bit on AMD opteron, and I tried a few times to install Salome on it, but no successful.

Do you also have a plan to certify Salome on RedHat Fedora Core 3 64bit? or Salome on Mandriva 64 can be used on RedHat Fedora Core 3 64bit?

Rdgs
          Reilley

Posted by Sergey Mozokhin at September 25. 2006
            reilley wrote:
            Hi, Sergey,

Currently I am using RedHat Fedora Core 3 64bit on AMD opteron, and I tried a few times to install Salome on it, but no successful.

Do you also have a plan to certify Salome on RedHat Fedora Core 3 64bit? or Salome on Mandriva 64 can be used on RedHat Fedora Core 3 64bit?

Hello,

There is no plan to certify on Fedora Core 3 64, but I think you can use version for Mandriva 64.

Regards,

Sergey.