Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Problem with InstallWizard on Ubuntu EdgyEft AMD64

Problem with InstallWizard on Ubuntu EdgyEft AMD64

Up to Install & build

Problem with InstallWizard on Ubuntu EdgyEft AMD64

Posted by Eugen Wintersberger at November 09. 2006
Hi there
I want to compile Salome 3.2.2 from sources on my AMD64 machine. The system is a native 64Bit Ubuntu EdgyEft installation. There seem to be some problems with the installation routine in batch mode. I changed in config.xml everything to source installation.
After that I tried
 > ./runInstall -b
As a result I got a lot of messages of the kind
 export: XX: KERNEL-Src: bad variable name
Has anyone an idea what this is about.

thanks
  Eugen

Re: Problem with InstallWizard on Ubuntu EdgyEft AMD64

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at November 09. 2006
Hello Eugen,

Could you provide an exact log of the runInstall script? Please send it on my e-mail address. And in additional please attach to the mail your modified config.xml file.

Regards,
Vadim.

Maybe a stupid question - but where do I get your e-mail address? ;)

Eugen

PS: thanks for that fast reply

Hi,
In the mail you've got from SALOME forum messenger there is "from" field ;)

Regards,
Vadim.

For some funny reason I got no such mail. The only mails I got from this forum where from the webserver when I changed my password.

Eugen

Well, maybe this is because I didn't activate the "send me new forum messages" checkbox in my profiles. Did this now. We'll see if it works ;)

Eugen

It should help :)
In addition I've replied to your email address directly. Did you get my email?

Regards,
Vadim.

Hello Eugen,

Sorry, I can't find the reason of the problem - I can not reproduce this bug.

You can try to solve this by the replacing of "-Src" and "-Bin" instances in your config.xml file by "Src" and "Bin" correspondingly (for all the products).
I.e., you will have

instead of

It may help.

By the way, for SALOME binaries (KERNEL-Bin, GUI-Bin, etc) you should not change "install" option in the xml file to the "install sources" value - this is wrong.
Instead you can change "disable" option for SALOME binaries - just set the value to the "true" in order to avoid binaries installation.

Regards,
Vadim.

Thanks for your response. However, changing the product names does not help.
It looks to me a bit like a shell problem. Which shell do you use and where can I fand the shell scripts (for instance gcc-3.3.5.sh). Maybe the problem is somewhere in my shell.

Eugen

All installation scripts are situated in the config_files subfolder of the SALOME Installation Wizard. These are bash script files.

Regards,
Vadim.

Posted by Pierre Benjamin at November 09. 2006
Eugen Wintersberger wrote:
Thanks for your response. However, changing the product names does not help.
It looks to me a bit like a shell problem. Which shell do you use and where can I fand the shell scripts (for instance gcc-3.3.5.sh). Maybe the problem is somewhere in my shell.

Eugen

1) You must modify all XXX- on XXX in config.xml
2) on Ubuntu, sh is linked to dash, so if you change the link to bash, it's OK

Pierre

Posted by Andrea Rimondi at November 17. 2006
Hi, i'm trying to install on Kubuntu... following your thread I have been able to install salome... i now have 2 problems... the first is that "SWIG" module won't compile... I installed via apt-get swig 1.3.28 instead of the suggested 1.3.24... is it ok? the second problem is that the script salome.sh at some point during execution clears my $PATH and thus is not able to find awk for the rest of the script. I think the problem lies in "cleandup" function, but I donìt know how to find out. can anyone help me? Thanks Andrea

Hi, i'm trying to install on Kubuntu... following your thread I have been able to install salome... i now have 2 problems... the first is that "SWIG" module won't compile... I installed via apt-get swig 1.3.28 instead of the suggested 1.3.24... is it ok? the second problem is that the script salome.sh at some point during execution clears my $PATH and thus is not able to find awk for the rest of the script. I think the problem lies in "cleandup" function, but I donìt know how to find out. can anyone help me? Thanks Andrea

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at November 17. 2006
Hello Andrea,

Could you please send me what printenv PATH prints before source salome.csh and after it? And the same please for salome.sh.
It means that you should do it in csh and sh consoles correspondingly.

Regards,
Vadim.

hello vadim,

here is the output of printenv PATH in bash before running the script

andrea@PB-kubuntu:~$ printenv PATH
/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.3/src/lam-7.1.1/platforms/linuxGcc4DPOpt/bin:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.3/src/mico-2.3.11/platforms/linuxGcc4DPOpt/bin:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/linux/j2sdk1.4.2_05/bin:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/linux/gcc-4.1.0/bin:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/andrea-1.3/applications/bin/linuxGcc4DPOpt:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.3/applications/bin/linuxGcc4DPOpt:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.3/wmake:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.3/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/linux/paraview-2.4.2/bin

then I run:
andrea@PB-kubuntu:~$ source ~/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/salome.sh
awk: program limit exceeded: sprintf buffer size=1020
        FILENAME="-" FNR=1 NR=1
bash: printenv: Nessun file o directory
bash: awk: Nessun file o directory
[...]

then again the path:
andrea@PB-kubuntu:~$ printenv PATH
bash: printenv: Nessun file o directory

this is because
andrea@PB-kubuntu:~$ echo $PATH

% printenvPATH
/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.3/src/lam-7.1.1/platforms/linuxGcc4DPOpt/bin:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.3/src/mico-2.3.11/platforms/linuxGcc4DPOpt/bin:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/linux/j2sdk1.4.2_05/bin:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/linux/gcc-4.1.0/bin:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/andrea-1.3/applications/bin/linuxGcc4DPOpt:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.3/applications/bin/linuxGcc4DPOpt:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.3/wmake:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.3/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/home/andrea/OpenFOAM/linux/paraview-2.4.2/bin

sorry vadim, i accidentaly sent the message while it was still incomplete.

anway, in csh here's what happens:

% printenv PATH
%
% source  ~/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/salome.csh
Word too long.
% printenv PATH

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at November 17. 2006
Hello Andrea,

The problem with awk (which is used in the salome.sh/salome.csh) was already discussed on this forum. You can use "Search" function for the word "awk" to find threads.
For example, you can try the solution proposed by JMB (post by 2006-04-06 16:12:20) here:
http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_9/thread_449

In any case, in the Installation Wizard for the SALOME version 3.2.3 we stop using awk and cleandup alias/function were reimplemented to avoid such problems in future.

Regards,
Vadim.