Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Installation Help

Installation Help

Up to Install & build

Installation Help

Posted by Dupront at November 13. 2006
Hello,

I am new to Linux. I just installed Fedora core 5 on my conputer.
Now I would like to install Salome but even after reading the doc I am not really sure about the appropriate way to proceede.
May be somebody could help me if it is not too much trouble ?
Thank a lot in advance

Michel

Re: Installation Help

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at November 13. 2006
Hello Michel,

To install SALOME just cd to the SALOME Install Wizard root directory and type runInstall. It will launch SALOME Installation Wizard in GUI mode. It will guide you through all installation steps. In general case you well just need to enter target installation directory path. By default it is the user's home directory.

Please, take into account that Linux Fedora Core 5 is not included in the list of platforms for which SALOME platform is tested, so the default installation configuration (config.xml) file will be used by the Installation Wizard. This also means that the precompiled binaries for the default platform will be installed (Mandrake 10.1).
This may cause compatibility problems.
If you have some troubles with the default installation settings you can try to use another XML configuration files (which can be found in the Installation Wizard's root directory). To do this use -f parameter of the runInstall script, for example:
>> runInstall -f config_Mandriva_2006.0.xml

In general case you need to install all products from precompiled binaries (install binares option). This is the quickest way to install SALOME platform. But if this does not work you always may choose install sources option for all the products and in this case all the products will be built from sources on your coumputer. However it will take some time (up to 24 hours).

Regards,
Vadim.

Hello Vadim,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I checked that there are a lot of prerequisites that are already installed, exactly 13 out of 19.
All preinstalled prerequisites are newer versions than the ones proposed by default.
Is it possible to keep all of them and in that case what should I do ?

I was thinking about using Installation Wizard GUI, keep all the preinstalled softwars as native and rebuild the other prerequisites from source files, using the config xml file proposed for Redhat8.0 version. Is this approach correct?
But I noticed that only two preinstalled prerequistes (gcc and Tcltk) are viewed by the Installation Wizard.

Please keep in mind that I am really new to Linux and that I am trying very hard to understand something ...

Thanks
Michel

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at November 13. 2006
Hello Michel,

SALOME is compiled on the predefined set of pre-requisite products. More newer versions of products can be used but with care, because they are not checked. This is what I mentioned as compatibility problem.
The SALOME Installation Wizard can not automatically detect all native products. It is possible to built all pre-requisites manually from scratch but this is not easy procedure and requires some  experience in Linux.
I suppose that the best way for you is not trying using native products but installing those versions of products provided by the SALOME Installation Wizard.

Regards,
Vadim.

Ok I will follow your advice !

Thanks a lot Vadim!

Posted by Dupront at November 16. 2006
Hello Vadim,

Following your advice, I installed Salome using Intall Wizard for Redhat8.0.
I kept only gcc as native.

I had two problems : 1- I had to change the name of a directory that contained white spaces (!) 2- I had to install the libstdc++.so.5 library.

The installation was performed without error messages. I launched salome as proposed at the end of the installation process.
Everything worked well

I was so happy ....

Now when I want to start Salome with ./runSalome I have the following error message:

"
Searching for a free port for naming service: 2810 - Ok
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 1, in ?
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute ' 'ORB_ID'
python: can't open file '/bin/salome/runSalome.py':
[Errno 2] No such file or directory
"

Is it really bad ?

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at November 16. 2006
Hello Michel,

You have probably forgotten to source environment file before launching SALOME. This file is situated in the root directory where you installed SALOME. It should look like:

>> cd
>> source env_products.csh
>> runSalome

Use env_products.sh if you use bash session and env_products.csh if you use csh session.

Regards,
Vadim.

Posted by Dupront at November 16. 2006
Thanks a lot Vadim !

If you can still be patient with me ....

Here is what I get after I introduced the modification your gave me:

I-  I have  the  Salome Desktop (beautiful!)

But in the terminal from which I execute runSalome, I get the warning messages that follow:
"
 : creation SUIT_Application
SetSignal( Standard_False ) is not implemented...
*    Warning: library Component cannot be found
*    Module will not be available
*    Warning: library PyCalculator cannot be found
*    Module will not be available
"

I can see in the Salome root directory that PyCalculator and Component have been installed

2- It seems to be ok when I want to start a new geometry.
   But I want to start a new mesh I have a window error message :
"
Can not load libSMESH.so. libg2c.so.0
"

The first one is in "/salome_3.2.2/MED_3.2.2/lib/salome"
with a link to shared library

Is it easy to fix ?

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at November 16. 2006
Hello Michel,

The problem with libg2c was alreay discussed on the forum. You can use "Search" tool with the word "libg2c" to see threads.
libg2c is a part of fortran f77 which is used by SMESH. You need either to install f77 or make the link to it as proposed here (see post by Walter Steffe, 2006-10-06 11:00:55):
http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_9/thread_789

To fix this problem more correctly you need to build SALOME modules manually on your computer (see Installation Wizard's README file for more details).

Regards,
Vadim.

Posted by Dupront at November 22. 2006
Hello Vadim,

I could not make version 3.2.2 work. The installation from source did not work.

I went to version 3.2.1 for RedHat 8.0.

1- I made the installation using Installation Wizard in GUI mode and config.xml file.
   Everything was ok.
   I lauched salome: ok
   I tried to start a new geom and I got the following message:
   "
    th. 3026032832 - Trace /dn22/SALOME/series3x/KERNEL/RedHat/KERNEL_SRC/src/NamingService/SALOME_NamingService.cxx [851] : Change_Directory() : FactoryServer (dir) not found
   "

2- I went to salome root directory, source env_products.sh, runSalome and I got the message:
   "
    th. 3026020544 - Trace /dn22/SALOME/series3x/GUI/RedHat/GUI_SRC/src/Session/SALOME_Session_Server.cxx [517] : creation SUIT_Application
SetSignal( Standard_False ) is not implemented...
   "

If I start a new geom, I have:
   "
     th. 3026020544 - Trace /dn22/SALOME/series3x/KERNEL/RedHat/KERNEL_SRC/src/NamingService/SALOME_NamingService.cxx [851] : Change_Directory() : FactoryServer (dir) not found
Choosing cmap for vID = 35
Using x11AppColormap
   "

3- I tried to install salome modules, starting with the KERNEL module.
   I followed exactly the instructions in README, section 4.1.
   build_configure worked well.
   Then I ran configure and I saw:

"

---------------------------------------------
Testing OpenCascade

configure: checking for OpenCascade...
checking for OpenCascade directories... yes
checking wether /usr/bin/g++ accepts -funsigned-char... yes

testing config.h
checking config.h usability... yes
checking config.h presence... yes
checking for config.h... yes
config.h file ok
checking Standard_Type.hxx usability... yes
checking Standard_Type.hxx presence... yes
checking for Standard_Type.hxx... yes
checking for OpenCascade libraries... no
configure: WARNING: Opencascade libraries not found

----------------------------------------------
testing CPPUNIT only required for unit testing
----------------------------------------------

configure: checking for cppunit...
CPPUNITHOME not defined
checking for /usr/local/lib/libcppunit.so... no
checking for /usr/lib/libcppunit.so... no
no
configure: WARNING: cppunit not found
============================================================
testing products required only for documentation generation

Testing html generators

checking for doxygen... /home/Michel/Travail/salome_3.2.1/doxygen-1.4.6/bin/doxygen
doxygen version 1.4.6
doxygen with support STL    - yes
doxygen with support PYTHON - yes
checking for dot... /home/Michel/Travail/salome_3.2.1/graphviz-1.9/bin/dot
checking for latex... no
configure: WARNING: latex not found
checking for dvips... no
configure: WARNING: dvips not found
checking for pdflatex... no
configure: WARNING: pdflatex not found
checking for rst2html... /home/Michel/Travail/salome_3.2.1/docutils-0.3.7/bin/rst2html

Summary

--- General mandatory products - Light configuration:
           cc : yes
      threads : yes
       python : yes
         swig : yes
         hdf5 : yes
          occ : no
FATAL ERROR: some mandatory products are missing.
Installing the missing products is required before running the configure script.

"

I will open a new topic to ask if somebody installed successfully salome on a fedora core 5 platform ... Michel

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at November 22. 2006
Hello Michel,

You're right, there is a problem with CASCADE on your Fedora 5 station. Open CASCADE libraries were not built and tested on this platform.
But in order to analyze the problem in more detail can  you do the following:
- go to your KERNEL_BUILD directory
- open config.log file
- search there "checking for OpenCascade libraries" line in this file.
In the text fragment below this line you can find the information why configure script failed to link to CASCADE libraries. Probably there is just lack of some libraries on your computer which are required by CASCADE. Or it can be some another reason.

Attach please the text fragment from config.log for me to take a look also.

Regards,
Vadim.

Please find here the text fragment from ".../KERNEL_BUILD/config.log" you asked me for.
I will try to understand something ....

"
configure:23263: checking for OpenCascade libraries
configure:23293: /usr/bin/g++ -o conftest  -g -D_DEBUG_  -Wno-deprecated -Wparentheses -Wreturn-type -fmessage-length=0 -Wunused -pipe -Wno-deprecated -Wparentheses -Wreturn-type -Wunused -pthread   -DOCC_VERSION_MAJOR=6 -DLIN -DLINTEL -DCSFDB -DNO_CXX_EXCEPTION -DNo_exception -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_LIMITS_H -DHAVE_WOK_CONFIG_H -I/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc  conftest.cc -lm -lrt -ldl   -L/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/Linux/lib  -lTKernel >&5
In file included from /home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/Standard_Stream.hxx:10,
                 from /home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/Standard_TypeDef.hxx:22,
                 from /home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/Standard_Address.hxx:16,
                 from /home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/Standard.hxx:28,
                 from /home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/Standard_Type.hxx:27,
                 from conftest.cc:30:
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/config.h:287:1: warning: "PACKAGE" redefined
conftest.cc:8:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/config.h:290:1: warning: "PACKAGE_BUGREPORT" redefined
conftest.cc:7:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/config.h:293:1: warning: "PACKAGE_NAME" redefined
conftest.cc:3:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/config.h:296:1: warning: "PACKAGE_STRING" redefined
conftest.cc:6:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/config.h:299:1: warning: "PACKAGE_TARNAME" redefined
conftest.cc:4:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/config.h:302:1: warning: "Pconfigure:23263: checking for OpenCascade libraries
configure:23293: /usr/bin/g++ -o conftest  -g -D_DEBUG_  -Wno-deprecated -Wparentheses -Wreturn-type -fmessage-length=0 -Wunused -pipe -Wno-deprecated -Wparentheses -Wreturn-type -Wunused -pthread   -DOCC_VERSION_MAJOR=6 -DLIN -DLINTEL -DCSFDB -DNO_CXX_EXCEPTION -DNo_exception -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_LIMITS_H -DHAVE_WOK_CONFIG_H -I/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc  conftest.cc -lm -lrt -ldl   -L/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/Linux/lib  -lTKernel >&5
In file included from /home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/Standard_Stream.hxx:10,
                 from /home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/Standard_TypeDef.hxx:22,
                 from /home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/Standard_Address.hxx:16,
                 from /home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/Standard.hxx:28,
                 from /home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/Standard_Type.hxx:27,
                 from conftest.cc:30:
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/config.h:287:1: warning: "PACKAGE" redefined
conftest.cc:8:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/config.h:290:1: warning: "PACKAGE_BUGREPORT" redefined
conftest.cc:7:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/config.h:293:1: warning: "PACKAGE_NAME" redefined
conftest.cc:3:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/config.h:296:1: warning: "PACKAGE_STRING" redefined
conftest.cc:6:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/config.h:299:1: warning: "PACKAGE_TARNAME" redefined
conftest.cc:4:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/config.h:302:1: warning: "PACKAGE_VERSION" redefined
conftest.cc:5:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/config.h:337:1: warning: "VERSION" redefined
conftest.cc:9:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
conftest.cc: In function 'int main()':
conftest.cc:35: warning: unused variable 'size'
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/Linux/lib/libTKernel.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string, std::allocator >::_Rep::_S_create(unsigned int, std::allocator const&;)'
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/Linux/lib/libTKernel.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string, std::allocator >::_S_empty_rep_storage'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:23299: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */ACKAGE_VERSION" redefined
conftest.cc:5:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/inc/config.h:337:1: warning: "VERSION" redefined
conftest.cc:9:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
conftest.cc: In function 'int main()':
conftest.cc:35: warning: unused variable 'size'
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/Linux/lib/libTKernel.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string, std::allocator >::_Rep::_S_create(unsigned int, std::allocator const&;)'
/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/Linux/lib/libTKernel.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string, std::allocator >::_S_empty_rep_storage'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:23299: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */

"

Hello Michel,

OK, the problem is seems to be with standard C++ libraries. It is likely incompatible with that version which was used for CASCADE compilation.
Did you try to install CASCADE from sources?

Regards,
Vadim.

I went to the installation directory and ran the Installation Wizard with only gcc as native
and OpenCascade for installation from source. For all other softwars I put "not install".
Is this correct ?

Here is what happenned :

"
/home/Francois/Travail/Salome_RH-3.2.1/InstallWizard_3_2_1_RH8.0/config_files -> tar xfz /home/Francois/Travail/Salome_RH-3.2.1/InstallWizard_3_2_1_RH8.0/Products/SOURCES/CAS-6.1.tar.gz -C /tmp/INSTALLWORK3118
/tmp/INSTALLWORK3118/CAS-6.1 -> ./configure --with-gl-include=/usr/include --with-gl-library=/usr/lib --with-xmu-include=/usr/X11R6/include/X11 --with-xmu-library=/usr/X11R6/lib --disable-debug --enable-production --prefix=/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1 >> /home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/CONFIGURE.LOG
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... /usr/bin/gcc
checking for C compiler default output... a.out
checking whether the C compiler works... yes

checking for ieee_handler in -lsunmath... no
checking for finite in -lm... yes
checking for OpenGL libraries... with gl-include is /usr/include
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/multibuf.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/multibuf.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/multibuf.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to bug-autoconf@gnu.org. ##
configure: WARNING: Can't find Tcl configuration definitions
configure: WARNING: Can't find Tk configuration definitions
configure: error: the /usr/include directory given by --with-gl-include doesn't contains GL/glu.h
"

Hello Michel,

You need to install glut-devel RPM package on your PC. I don't know the RPM package version, you need to look for it on your Fedora Core 5 CD (for example for RedHat 8.0 this package is named glut-devel-3.7-8).

Regards,
Vadim.

P.S. When installation CASCADE from source, make sure that tcltk is also selected ('binaries' or 'native' option is selected).

Thanks a lot Vadim.

I am working on that ...

ok It is going a bit futher ...

Here is what I have done, after the last post you sent me.

I installed freeglut-devel-2.4.0-4.i386.
I ./runInstall -g - f config.xmf with:
gcc: native
tcltk: native
opencascade: source
all others : not install

It stopped in the configuration step again, with the following message:

"

checking for jni_md.h... no
checking for DPS header files ... No --with-dps-include=DIR was specified
checking for Xmu header files... with xmu-include is /usr/X11R6/include/X11
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/multibuf.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/multibuf.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/multibuf.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to bug-autoconf@gnu.org. ##
configure: WARNING: Can't find Tcl configuration definitions
configure: WARNING: Can't find Tk configuration definitions
configure: WARNING: No --with-dps-library=DIR was specified
configure: error: the /usr/X11R6/include/X11 directory given by --with-xmu-include does not exist
"

I created /include/X11 (it did not exist) in /usr/X11R6 and copied xmu that were in /usr/include/X11

Once again I tried to install OpenCascade from source.
I got again a problem with Xmu again.

"

configure: error: the /usr/X11R6/lib directory given by --with-xmu-include does not exist
"

I copied Xmu again at the appropriate location.

After that, the configuration step was ok, but I got a bug in MAKE.
Here is the full message I got:

"
/home/Francois/Travail/Salome_RH-3.2.1/InstallWizard_3_2_1_RH8.0/config_files -> tar xfz /home/Francois/Travail/Salome_RH-3.2.1/InstallWizard_3_2_1_RH8.0/Products/SOURCES/CAS-6.1.tar.gz -C /tmp/INSTALLWORK20142
/tmp/INSTALLWORK20142/CAS-6.1 -> ./configure --with-gl-include=/usr/include --with-gl-library=/usr/lib --with-xmu-include=/usr/X11R6/include/X11 --with-xmu-library=/usr/X11R6/lib --disable-debug --enable-production --prefix=/home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1 >> /home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/CONFIGURE.LOG
/tmp/INSTALLWORK20142/CAS-6.1 -> make -j4 install-strip >> /home/Francois/Travail/salome_3.2.1/CAS-6.1/MAKE.LOG
used gcc=/usr/bin/gcc
make INSTALL_PROGRAM="/bin/sh /tmp/INSTALLWORK20142/CAS-6.1/make/install-sh -c -s" \
INSTALL_STRIP_FLAG=-s \
`test -z 'strip' || \
echo "INSTALL_PROGRAM_ENV=STRIPPROG='strip'"` install
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/INSTALLWORK20142/CAS-6.1'
Making install in adm/make
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/INSTALLWORK20142/CAS-6.1/adm/make'
Making install in TKernel
make[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/INSTALLWORK20142/CAS-6.1/adm/make/TKernel'
if /bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=compile /usr/bin/g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I../../../inc -I../../../drv/FSD -I../../../src/FSD -I../../../drv/MMgt -I../../../src/MMgt -I../../../drv/OSD -I../../../src/OSD -I../../../drv/Plugin -I../../../src/Plugin -I../../../drv/Quantity -I../../../src/Quantity -I../../../drv/Resource -I../../../src/Resource -I../../../drv/SortTools -I../../../src/SortTools -I../../../drv/Standard -I../../../src/Standard -I../../../drv/StdFail -I../../../src/StdFail -I../../../drv/Storage -I../../../src/Storage -I../../../drv/TColStd -I../../../src/TColStd -I../../../drv/TCollection -I../../../src/TCollection -I../../../drv/TShort -I../../../src/TShort -I../../../drv/Units -I../../../src/Units -I../../../drv/UnitsAPI -I../../../src/UnitsAPI -I../../../drv/IncludeLibrary -I../../../src/IncludeLibrary -I../../../drv/Dico -I../../../src/Dico -I../../../drv/NCollection -I../../../src/NCollection -I../../../drv/Message -I../../../src/Message -DCSFDB -DNO_CXX_EXCEPTION -DLIN -DLININTEL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DNDEBUG -DNo_Exception -O2 -MT Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.Tpo" \
-c -o Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.lo `test -f '../../../drv/Dico/Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.cxx' || echo './'`../../../drv/Dico/Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.cxx; \
then mv ".deps/Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.Tpo" ".deps/Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.Plo"; \
else rm -f ".deps/Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.Tpo"; exit 1; \
fi
if /bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=compile /usr/bin/g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I../../../inc -I../../../drv/FSD -I../../../src/FSD -I../../../drv/MMgt -I../../../src/MMgt -I../../../drv/OSD -I../../../src/OSD -I../../../drv/Plugin -I../../../src/Plugin -I../../../drv/Quantity -I../../../src/Quantity -I../../../drv/Resource -I../../../src/Resource -I../../../drv/SortTools -I../../../src/SortTools -I../../../drv/Standard -I../../../src/Standard -I../../../drv/StdFail -I../../../src/StdFail -I../../../drv/Storage -I../../../src/Storage -I../../../drv/TColStd -I../../../src/TColStd -I../../../drv/TCollection -I../../../src/TCollection -I../../../drv/TShort -I../../../src/TShort -I../../../drv/Units -I../../../src/Units -I../../../drv/UnitsAPI -I../../../src/UnitsAPI -I../../../drv/IncludeLibrary -I../../../src/IncludeLibrary -I../../../drv/Dico -I../../../src/Dico -I../../../drv/NCollection -I../../../src/NCollection -I../../../drv/Message -I../../../src/Message -DCSFDB -DNO_CXX_EXCEPTION -DLIN -DLININTEL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DNDEBUG -DNo_Exception -O2 -MT Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.Tpo" \
-c -o Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.lo `test -f '../../../drv/Dico/Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.cxx' || echo './'`../../../drv/Dico/Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.cxx; \
then mv ".deps/Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.Tpo" ".deps/Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.Plo"; \
else rm -f ".deps/Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.Tpo"; exit 1; \
fi
if /bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=compile /usr/bin/g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I../../../inc -I../../../drv/FSD -I../../../src/FSD -I../../../drv/MMgt -I../../../src/MMgt -I../../../drv/OSD -I../../../src/OSD -I../../../drv/Plugin -I../../../src/Plugin -I../../../drv/Quantity -I../../../src/Quantity -I../../../drv/Resource -I../../../src/Resource -I../../../drv/SortTools -I../../../src/SortTools -I../../../drv/Standard -I../../../src/Standard -I../../../drv/StdFail -I../../../src/StdFail -I../../../drv/Storage -I../../../src/Storage -I../../../drv/TColStd -I../../../src/TColStd -I../../../drv/TColle
ction -I../../../src/TCollection -I../../../drv/TShort -I../../../src/TShort -I../../../drv/Units -I../../../src/Units -I../../../drv/UnitsAPI -I../../../src/UnitsAPI -I../../../drv/IncludeLibrary -I../../../src/IncludeLibrary -I../../../drv/Dico -I../../../src/Dico -I../../../drv/NCollection -I../../../src/NCollection -I../../../drv/Message -I../../../src/Message -DCSFDB -DNO_CXX_EXCEPTION -DLIN -DLININTEL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DNDEBUG -DNo_Exception -O2 -MT Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfInteger_0.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfInteger_0.Tpo" \
-c -o Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfInteger_0.lo `test -f '../../../drv/Dico/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfInteger_0.cxx' || echo './'`../../../drv/Dico/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfInteger_0.cxx; \
then mv ".deps/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfInteger_0.Tpo" ".deps/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfInteger_0.Plo"; \
else rm -f ".deps/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfInteger_0.Tpo"; exit 1; \
fi
if /bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=compile /usr/bin/g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I../../../inc -I../../../drv/FSD -I../../../src/FSD -I../../../drv/MMgt -I../../../src/MMgt -I../../../drv/OSD -I../../../src/OSD -I../../../drv/Plugin -I../../../src/Plugin -I../../../drv/Quantity -I../../../src/Quantity -I../../../drv/Resource -I../../../src/Resource -I../../../drv/SortTools -I../../../src/SortTools -I../../../drv/Standard -I../../../src/Standard -I../../../drv/StdFail -I../../../src/StdFail -I../../../drv/Storage -I../../../src/Storage -I../../../drv/TColStd -I../../../src/TColStd -I../../../drv/TCollection -I../../../src/TCollection -I../../../drv/TShort -I../../../src/TShort -I../../../drv/Units -I../../../src/Units -I../../../drv/UnitsAPI -I../../../src/UnitsAPI -I../../../drv/IncludeLibrary -I../../../src/IncludeLibrary -I../../../drv/Dico -I../../../src/Dico -I../../../drv/NCollection -I../../../src/NCollection -I../../../drv/Message -I../../../src/Message -DCSFDB -DNO_CXX_EXCEPTION -DLIN -DLININTEL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DNDEBUG -DNo_Exception -O2 -MT Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfTransient_0.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfTransient_0.Tpo" \
-c -o Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfTransient_0.lo `test -f '../../../drv/Dico/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfTransient_0.cxx' || echo './'`../../../drv/Dico/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfTransient_0.cxx; \
then mv ".deps/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfTransient_0.Tpo" ".deps/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfTransient_0.Plo"; \
else rm -f ".deps/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfTransient_0.Tpo"; exit 1; \
fi
/usr/bin/g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I../../../inc -I../../../drv/FSD -I../../../src/FSD -I../../../drv/MMgt -I../../../src/MMgt -I../../../drv/OSD -I../../../src/OSD -I../../../drv/Plugin -I../../../src/Plugin -I../../../drv/Quantity -I../../../src/Quantity -I../../../drv/Resource -I../../../src/Resource -I../../../drv/SortTools -I../../../src/SortTools -I../../../drv/Standard -I../../../src/Standard -I../../../drv/StdFail -I../../../src/StdFail -I../../../drv/Storage -I../../../src/Storage -I../../../drv/TColStd -I../../../src/TColStd -I../../../drv/TCollection -I../../../src/TCollection -I../../../drv/TShort -I../../../src/TShort -I../../../drv/Units -I../../../src/Units -I../../../drv/UnitsAPI -I../../../src/UnitsAPI -I../../../drv/IncludeLibrary -I../../../src/IncludeLibrary -I../../../drv/Dico -I../../../src/Dico -I../../../drv/NCollection -I../../../src/NCollection -I../../../drv/Message -I../../../src/Message -DCSFDB -DNO_CXX_EXCEPTION -DLIN -DLININTEL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DNDEBUG -DNo_Exception -O2 -MT Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfTransient_0.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfTransient_0.Tpo -c ../../../drv/Dico/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfTransient_0.cxx -fPIC -DPIC -o Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfTransient_0.lo
/usr/bin/g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I../../../inc -I../../../drv/FSD -I../../../src/FSD -I../../../drv/MMgt -I../../../src/MMgt -I../../../drv/OSD -I../../../src/OSD -I../../../drv/Plugin -I../../../src/Plugin -I../../../drv/Quantity -I../../../src/Quantity -I../../../drv/Resource -I../../../src/Resource -I../../../drv/SortTools -I../../../src/SortTools -I../../../drv/Standard -I../../../src/Standard -I../../../drv/StdFail -I../../../src/StdFail -I../../../drv/Storage -I../../../src/Storage -I../../../drv/TColStd -I../../../src/TColStd -I../../../drv/TCollection -I../../../src/TCollection -I../../../drv/TShort -I../../../src/TShort -I../../../drv/Units -I../../../src/Units -I../../../drv/UnitsAPI -I../../../src/UnitsAPI -I../../../drv/IncludeLibrary -I../../../src/IncludeLibrary -I../../../drv/Dico -I../../../src/Dico -I../../../drv/NCollection -I../../../src/NCollection -I../../../drv/Message -I../../../src/Message -DCSFDB -DNO_CXX_EXCEPTION -DLIN -DLININTEL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DNDEBUG -DNo_Exception -O2 -MT Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfInteger_0.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfInteger_0.Tpo -c ../../../drv/Dico/Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfInteger_0.cxx -fPIC -DPIC -o Dico_IteratorOfDictionaryOfInteger_0.lo
/usr/bin/g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I../../../inc -I../../../drv/FSD -I../../../src/FSD -I../../../drv/MMgt -I../../../src/MMgt -I../../../drv/OSD -I../../../src/OSD -I../../../drv/Plugin -I../../../src/Plugin -I../../../drv/Quantity -I../../../src/Quantity -I../../../drv/Resource -I../../../src/Resource -I../../../drv/SortTools -I../../../src/SortTools -I../../../drv/Standard -I../../../src/Standard -I../../../drv/StdFail -I../../../src/StdFail -I../../../drv/Storage -I../../../src/Storage -I../../../drv/TColStd -I../../../src/TColStd -I../../../drv/TCollection -I../../../src/TCollection -I../../../drv/TShort -I../../../src/TShort -I../../../drv/Units -I../../../src/Units -I../../../drv/UnitsAPI -I../../../src/UnitsAPI -I../../../drv/IncludeLibrary -I../../../src/IncludeLibrary -I../../../drv/Dico -I../../../src/Dico -I../../../drv/NCollection -I../../../src/NCollection -I../../../drv/Message -I../../../src/Message -DCSFDB -DNO_CXX_EXCEPTION -DLIN -DLININTEL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DNDEBUG -DNo_Exception -O2 -MT Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.Tpo -c ../../../drv/Dico/Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.cxx -fPIC -DPIC -o Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.lo
/usr/bin/g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I../../../inc -I../../../drv/FSD -I../../../src/FSD -I../../../drv/MMgt -I../../../src/MMgt -I../../../drv/OSD -I../../../src/OSD -I../../../drv/Plugin -I../../../src/Plugin -I../../../drv/Quantity -I../../../src/Quantity -I../../../drv/Resource -I../../../src/Resource -I../../../drv/SortTools -I../../../src/SortTools -I../../../drv/Standard -I../../../src/Standard -I../../../drv/StdFail -I../../../src/StdFail -I../../../drv/Storage -I../../../src/Storage -I../../../drv/TColStd -I../../../src/TColStd -I../../../drv/TCollection -I../../../src/TCollection -I../../../drv/TShort -I../../../src/TShort -I../../../drv/Units -I../../../src/Units -I../../../drv/UnitsAPI -I../../../src/UnitsAPI -I../../../drv/IncludeLibrary -I../../../src/IncludeLibrary -I../../../drv/Dico -I../../../src/Dico -I../../../drv/NCollection -I../../../src/NCollection -I../../../drv/Message -I../../../src/Message -DCSFDB -DNO_CXX_EXCEPTION -DLIN -DLININTEL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DNDEBUG -DNo_Exception -O2 -MT Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.Tpo -c ../../../drv/Dico/Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.cxx -fPIC -DPIC -o Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.lo
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/INSTALLWORK20142/CAS-6.1/adm/make/TKernel'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/INSTALLWORK20142/CAS-6.1/adm/make'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/INSTALLWORK20142/CAS-6.1'
../../../drv/Dico/Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.cxx: In function 'Handle_Standard_Type& Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_Type_()':
../../../drv/Dico/Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.cxx:55: error: 'Standard_Transient_Type_' was not declared in this scope
../../../drv/Dico/Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.cxx: In function 'Handle_Standard_Type& Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_Type_()':
../../../drv/Dico/Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.cxx:52: error: 'Standard_Transient_Type_' was not declared in this scope
make[3]: *** [Dico_DictionaryOfTransient_0.lo] Erreur 1
make[3]: *** Attente des t\u00c3\u00a2ches non termin\u00c3\u00a9es....
make[3]: *** [Dico_DictionaryOfInteger_0.lo] Erreur 1
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Erreur 1
make: *** [install-strip] Erreur 2

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at November 23. 2006
Hello Michel,

I've sent a mail directly to your address with the attached script which can (I hope) help you to build CASCADE libraries manually.

Regards,
Vadim.

Posted by Kenneth L. Gage MD, PhD at November 26. 2006
Vadim

After editing the config_file for CAS6.1 to point to the correct libraries and headers, I was able to get to the point of building where Dupront / Michel's build fails. Is it possible I could also receive the script to attempt to build OpenCascade? I am working with Fedora Core 6 on a dual pentium platform.

Any ideas about what is causing this particular build error?  I truly have the same error message as he - well, except in English ;)

Best regards -
Ken

Posted by Dupront at November 27. 2006
Hello Kenneth,

Even with Vadim's help I could not make it work on my fedora core 5 platform.

If you can successfully install salome please be kind enough to explain me what you did.

Thanks a lot

Michel