Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Salome 3.2.2 Installation of Fedora Core 4 x86_64

Salome 3.2.2 Installation of Fedora Core 4 x86_64

Up to Install & build
  • Salome 3.2.2 Installation of Fedora Core 4 x86_64

Posted by Kenneth L. Gage MD, PhD at November 22. 2006
    Hello -

I recently downloaded Salome 3.2.2 for installation on my FC4 x86_64 workstation. I decided to install all from source to avoid compatibility issues. I have not used Salome before so I apologize if this is a simple question. After using the "runInstall" script to build from source, should it be possible to launch Salome immediately from the script GUI? Are there any other configuration steps that must be completed before Salome will start from the install GUI?

I have been unable to get Salome to start at all. After installation and a failed start from the GUI install, I sourced the env file and ran "runSalome" but there was a complaint about the lack of certain files in the KERNEL_ROOT_DIR because the environment variable KERNEL_ROOT_DIR was set to [HOME]/salome-3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2 which doesn't exist - only KERNEL_SRC_3.2.2 exists.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. I am looking to install with the minimum of user interaction or adjustment as I am not familiar with Salome; I don't care if I have to recompile from source and wait 24hrs.

Best regards -
    Ken

MD-PhD Student
    University of Pittsburgh

• Re: Salome 3.2.2 Installation of Fedora Core 4 x86_64

Posted by Kenneth L. Gage MD, PhD at November 22. 2006
      Hello -

Ok  - I am looking through the build logs and I think I have found part of the problem; Building the qt library from source on an x86_64 fails as ld tries to pull in the 32bit GL and X libraries (I think). I've attached the last part of the MAKE.LOG that documents this problem. Does anyone know how I might change the build procedure to look in the lib64 directories when 'make'ing qt? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Salome looks like a great tool and I am looking forward to using it.

Best regards -
      Ken

../include/private/qucom_p.h:364: warning: ‘struct QUType_bool’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
      ../include/private/qucom_p.h:383: warning: ‘struct QUType_int’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
      ../include/private/qucom_p.h:403: warning: ‘struct QUType_double’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
      ../include/private/qucom_p.h:423: warning: ‘struct QUType_charstar’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
      ../include/private/qucom_p.h:444: warning: ‘struct QUType_QString’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
      ../include/private/qucomextra_p.h:65: warning: ‘struct QUType_QVariant’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
      ../include/private/qucomextra_p.h:87: warning: ‘struct QUType_varptr’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
      /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so when searching for -lGL
      /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a when searching for -lGL
      /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so when searching for -lGL
      /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a when searching for -lGL
      /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so when searching for -lXmu
      /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.a when searching for -lXmu
      /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so when searching for -lXmu
      /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.a when searching for -lXmu
      /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXmu
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      make[2]: *** [../lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.4] Error 1
      make[1]: *** [sub-src] Error 2
      make: *** [init] Error 2