Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Install environment setup

Install environment setup

Up to Install & build
  • Install environment setup

Posted by Mammouth at November 26. 2006
    Hello,

1) I would like to know why the installation wizard want to install third-party software that are already installed ? How can I tell it what is already installed ?

2) the installation from sources manual refers to a prerequis.sh file, which purpose is to set up environnment variables. But I can't find such a file any where !!! Is the manual up to date ? If not, what to do instead ?

Thank you for your help
    • Re: Install environment setup

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at November 27. 2006
      Hello,

1) You can find sample example_prerequis.sh file in the KERNEL_SRC/doc/configuration_examples directory.

2) Small trick: you can install all products with the SALOME Installation Wizard and then just remove all products you are not needed and modify generated environment files for your needs (to point to your native products).

Regards,
      Vadim.
      • Re: Install environment setup

Posted by KaƟbohm at January 28. 2008
        Vadim SANDLER wrote:
        Hello,

1) You can find sample example_prerequis.sh file in the KERNEL_SRC/doc/configuration_examples directory.

2) Small trick: you can install all products with the SALOME Installation Wizard and then just remove all products you are not needed and modify generated environment files for your needs (to point to your native products).

Regards,
        Vadim.

Hello Vadim,

a question concerning the script prerequis.sh:
        I would like to use this script prerequis.sh, but I cannot find it under src3.2.6/KERNEL_SRC_3.2.6
        Am I looking at the wrong place? Or is the file not existing in the current src-distribution?

Any idea?
        Sven