14 Dec 2012 - SALOME version 6.6.0
CEA/DEN, EDF R&D and OPEN CASCADE are pleased to announce SALOME version 6.6.0. It is a public minor release that contains the results of planned improvements and bug fixes against SALOME version 6.5.0 released in June 2012.
SALOME version 6.6.0 is based on Open CASCADE Technology v6.5.4.
This release of SALOME platform introduces the following new features and improvements:
- Viscous Layers 2D hypothesis - an additional hypothesis for creation of viscous layers on geometrical faces.
- Reorient faces by vector operation allows changing the orientation of a set of neighboring faces.
- Fuse Collinear Edges operation removes the selected vertices from a given wire, provided that the junction of two adjacent edges forming the wire is C1 continuous.
- Divided Disk (a disk divided into blocks and prepared for hexahedral meshing) and Divided Cylinder (a cylinder divided into blocks for easy hexahedral meshing) operations.
- Restore Path algorithm takes at input a pipe-like shape (shell or solid) and its start and end faces (or wires) and creates a wire that represents a path made by gravity centers of consequent sections of the shape.
- Boolean operations on geometrical groups: Union, Intersect and Cut – are now available in Geometry module.
- Redesigned Mesh Properties dialog box.
- Support of 1D sub-meshes with BL-Surf algorithm.
- Support of import and export of GMF format files used by DISTENE meshers has been introduced in Mesh module.
- Synchronization between OCC and VTK views is now possible.
- NETGEN 1D-2D-3D meshing algorithm now allows usage of quadrangular 2D sub-meshes for generation of pyramids.
- In Mesh module, the “Create group” dialog box has been extended to allow creation of groups of 0D elements.
- Support of discrete elements of type Ball has been added to Mesh module.
- A lot of other improvements … see SALOME 6.6.0 Release Notes for details.
Also, SALOME team is pleased to announce that HEXABLOCK module is available now for using. The HEXABLOCK module is designed to help the users to build hexahedral meshes. Please refer to the documentation of the HEXABLOCK module for more details.
SALOME 6.6.0 supports the following platforms:
- Linux Debian 4.0 (Etch) 32bits and 64bits
- Linux Debian 5.0 (Lenny) 64bits
- Linux Debian 6.0 (Squeeze) 64bits
- Linux Mandriva 2008.0 32bits and 64bits
- Linux Mandriva 2010.0 32bits and 64bits
- Scientific Linux 5.1 64bits
- Red Had Enterprise Linux 4.0 64bits
- Linux CentOS 5.5 64bits
- Windows XP 32bits
SALOME 6.6.0 pre-compiled binaries for supported platforms can be retrieved from the download page of the site.
Please, feel free to contact us for any additional information.