18 Jun 2012 - SALOME version 6.5.0
CEA/DEN, EDF R&D and OPEN CASCADE are pleased to announce SALOME version 6.5.0. It is a public minor release that contains the results of planned improvements and bug fixes against SALOME version 6.4.0 released in December 2011.
SALOME version 6.5.0 is based on Open CASCADE Technology 6.5.3. In addition, SALOME 6.5.0 is migrated to the latest versions of some pre-requisite products. For more details about the software requirements of SALOME 6.5.0, please refer to Release Notes.
This release of SALOME platform introduces new features and improvements:
- Bring to Front functionality allows to bring to the viewer foreground the selected geometrical object. Such objects are always drawn above all other objects, not depending on the current view point.
- Detect Self-intersections operation of Geometry module checks the topology of the selected shape to detect self-intersections. It is helpful, in particular, to detect cases when Partition or Bollean operations cannot be applied.
- Extruded Boss operation allows easily adding material on a solid by extruding a profile along the normal to its plane. Extruded Cut is an inverse operation to Extruded Boss – it removes material from a solid by extruding a profile along the normal to its plane.
- It is now possible to define material properties for a certain object. Material properties item can be chosen from the context menu of the selected object.
- It has become possible to show the viewer background colored according to two colors and the gradient type specified in the dialog box. In addition, it is possible to insert an arbitrary image as viewer background.
- New type of quality control/filter in Mesh module: Detect Double Elements allows detection of double nodes, edges, faces and volumes in a mesh.
- It has become possible to visualize hexagonal prism cells MED_OCTA12 imported from MED files in Mesh and Post-Pro modules.
- A lot of improvements in PARAVIS, MED, YACS, JOBMANAGER, HOMARD and other modules… see SALOME 6.5.0 Release Notes for details.
SALOME 6.5.0 supports the following platforms:
- Linux Debian 4.0 (Etch) 32bits and 64bits
- Linux Debian 5.0 (Lenny) 64bits
- Linux Debian 6.0 (Squeeze) 64bits
- Linux Mandriva 2008.0 32bits and 64bits
- Linux Mandriva 2010.0 32bits and 64bits
- Scientific Linux 5.1 64bits
- Red Had Enterprise Linux 4.0 64bits
- Linux CentOS 5.5 64bits
- Windows XP 32bits
SALOME 6.5.0 pre-compiled binaries for supported platforms can be retrieved from the download page of the site.
Universal binaries for Linux are also available.
Please, feel free to contact us for any additional information.