20 Dec 2011 - SALOME version 6.4.0
CEA/DEN, EDF R&D and OPEN CASCADE are pleased to announce SALOME version 6.4.0. It is a public minor release that contains the results of planned improvements and bug fixes against SALOME version 6.3.1 released in July 2011.
SALOME version 6.4.0 provides the results of the porting of SALOME to the Open CASCADE Technology 6.5.2.
This release of SALOME platform introduces new features and improvements:
- New Body Fitting meshing algorithm generates hexahedrons of a Cartesian grid in the internal part of geometry and polyhedrons and other types of elements at the intersection of Cartesian cells with the geometrical boundary.
- New Projection 1D-2D meshing algorithm.
- New type of mesh group based on filter is automatically recomputed when parent mesh is rebuilt with new parameters,
- Improved mesh presentation in Shrink mode.
- Improved "Mesh Information" dialog box.
- Plot2d viewer improvements in Post-Pro module: scaling of 2d curves, highlighing of selected curves in the viewer, customization of legend font properties.
- Full-screen view mode of SALOME desktop.
- Internal Help documentation browser based on QtWebKit.
- Synchronize View functionality allows setting of the view parameters (view point, position, zoom coefficient, etc.) from one open viewer scene to another.
- A lot of improvements in MED, YACS, JOBMANAGER, HOMARD and other modules… see SALOME 6.4.0 Release Notes for details.
SALOME 6.4.0 supports Debian 4.0 Etch 32bit and 64bit, Debian 5.0 Lenny 64bit, Debian 6.0 Squeeze 64bit, Mandriva 2008 32bit and 64bit, Mandriva 2010 32bit and 64bit and other platforms. See Release Notes for a full list of supported Linux distributives and prerequisites.
SALOME 6.4.0 pre-compiled binaries for supported platforms can be retrieved from the download page of the site.
Universal binaries for Linux are also available.
Please, feel free to contact us for any additional information.