27 Dec 2013 - SALOME version 7.3.0
CEA/DEN, EDF R&D and OPEN CASCADE are pleased to announce SALOME version 7.3.0. It is a public minor release that contains the results of planned improvements and bug fixes against SALOME version 7.2.0 released in May 2013.
Major changes in this release:
- Migration of build procedure to CMake provides fully cross-platform solution working on both Linux and Windows.
- Union faces and Remove internal faces repairing operations in Geometry module.
- Create surface from the cloud of points in Geometry module.
- Isoline curve operation in Geometry module.
- Creation information on each data object in the dedicated window in Geometry module.
- Folders and drag-n-drop support in Geometry module that allows customization of the data tree representation.
- Fields on geometry.
- Simplified Python API for 2D Sketcher in Geometry module.
- Import of STL files in Geometry module.
- Overall mesh quality indicators in the "Mesh information" dialog box.
- Bi-quadratic triangles support in Mesh module.
- New algorithm in Mesh module that allows creating quadrangle mesh on faces with more than 4 edges.
- Split quadrangle into four triangles operation in Mesh module.
- New Adaptive 1D hypothesis in Mesh module.
- Viscous layers on shared edges in Mesh module.
- Improved visualization of discrete elements in Mesh module.
- Polygonal selection mode in VTK 3D viewer.
- Persistent clipping in the OCC 3D viewer.
- Arrange views operation in Window menu enables quick way to choose proper layout of viewers in main window.
- Japanese localization.
- A lot of other improvements … see SALOME 7.3.0 Release Notes for details.
SALOME 7.3.0 supports the following platforms:
- Linux Debian 6.0 64bits
- Linux Debian 7.1 64bits
- Linux Mandriva 2010.0 64bits
- Linux CentOS 5.5 64bits
- Linux CentOS 6.3 64bits
- Linux Fedora 18 64bits
- Ubuntu 13.04 64bits
- Windows XP 32bits and 64bits
SALOME 7.3.0 pre-compiled binaries for supported platforms can be retrieved from the download page of the site.
- SALOME version 7.3.0 is based on Open CASCADE Technology v6.7.0.
- Universal binaries packages for Linux are not currently available, they will come very soon. Watch for new announcements.
Please, feel free to contact us for any additional information.