11 Jun 2011 - SALOME version 6.3.0
CEA/DEN, EDF R&D and OPEN CASCADE are pleased to announce SALOME version 6.3.0. It is a public release that contains the results of planned major and minor improvements and bug fixes against SALOME version 5.1.5 released in December 2010.
SALOME version 6.3.0 provides the results of the porting of SALOME to the newer versions of 3rd party pre-requisite products.
In addition, SALOME 6.3.0 includes several new modules:
- PARAVIS (new post-processing module based on Kitware’s ParaView application)
- HEXABLOCK (hexahedral meshing by creating of a model of the blocks)
- HOMARD (the adaptation of the mesh generated by the Homard solver for the SALOME platform)
- New sample modules and tutorials
This new release of SALOME introduces new features and improvements:
- New Geometry operations
- Create edge by length
- Create vertex by length
- Improved "Sub-shapes selection" dialog box
- Analytical curve definition
- Glue edges
- Unpublish objects
- New Mesh operations
- Copy mesh
- Convert to/from quadratic on sub-meshes
- New Mesh controls
- Over-constrained faces / volumes
- Bare border faces / volumes
- Element diameter 2D / 3D
- New Mesh hypotheses and algorithms
- Viscous layers
- Advanced size maps in BLSurf
- Enforced meshes with Ghs3D
- Use existing 1D / 2D elements
- Controls Distribution operations in Mesh module: plot in 2D viewer, show histogram in 3D viewer, dump to the file
- Improved behavior of clipping planes in Mesh module
- Mesh measurements: Minimum distance, Bounding box
- Preview on most of Geometry and Mesh operations
- Visibility icons in the Object browser
- New view operations
- Rotate view 90° clockwise / counterclockwise
- Zoom at point
- Dump study to the single Python script file
- And more … see SALOME 6.3.0 Release Notes for details
SALOME 6.3.0 supports Debian 4.0 Etch 32bit and 64bit, Debian 5.0 Lenny 64bit, Debian 6.0 Squeeze 64bit , Mandriva 2008 32bit and 64bit, Mandriva 2010 32bit and 64bit and other platforms. See Release Notes for a full list of supported Linux distributives and prerequisites.
SALOME 6.3.0 pre-compiled binaries can be retrieved from the download page.
Please, feel free to contact us for any additional information.