21 May 2013 - SALOME version 7.2.0
CEA/DEN, EDF R&D and OPEN CASCADE are pleased to announce SALOME version 7.2.0. It is a major public release that begins new generation of SALOME platform. SALOME 7.2.0 contains the results of planned improvements and bug fixes against SALOME version 6.6.0 released in December 2012.
Major changes in this release:
- Removal of med v2.1 support. MED files of version 2.1 and older are no more supported by SALOME. These files cannot be imported to SALOME. If necessary, old MED files can be converted to the newer version of format by means of medimport utility supplied with med 3.0 library.
- Removal of MEDMEM API. MEDMEM and all corresponding API has been removed from SALOME MED module (including CORBA interfaces). Obsolete MEDMEM API has been replaced by MEDCoupling/MEDLoader.
- Porting to VTK 6 / ParaView 3.98. SALOME GUI, including ParaVis module, has been migrated to the latest versions of ParaView and VTK.
- Removal of Post-Pro (VISU) module. SALOME Post-Pro module is deprecated; it is not included into SALOME version 7.2.0. In SALOME series 7x obsolete Post-Pro is replaced by ParaVis post-processing module.
- Redesigned SALOME Notebook. SALOME notebook has become a dockable window; by default it shares left dock area of the main window with Object Browser.
- Thickness Reduction on PipeTShape. It has become possible to create thickness reductions at the open ends of a PipeTShape.
- BiQuadratic and TriQuadratic elements. Two new quadratic element types have been introduced in Mesh modules: QUAD9 (a bi-quadratic element), which is a quadrilateral quadratic element having an additional node at the element center, and HEXA27 (a tri-quadratic element), which is a quadratic hexahedral element having 7 additional nodes: one at the element center and one at the center of each of six faces.
- Easy-to-use 3D Extrusion in Mesh module. The use of 3D Extrusion algorithm has been facilitated.
- Tangency constraints at the ends of interpolation curve in Geometry module.
- Projection of Rectangular 2D mesh on Conical/Cylindrical/Spherical surface. It has become possible to use mesh on a rectangular face for meshing conical, cylindrical and spherical faces using Projection 2D algorithm.
- Improvements in Materials.
- Automatic publishing of GEOM objects, that can be used for debugging purposes.
- Auto-completion in embedded Python console. An embedded Python console now provides an auto-completion feature, similar to what is found in the standard Python interpreter.
- Logarithmic scaling has been introduced in the scalar bar for Mesh quality controls.
- The ergonomics of multi-translation and multi-rotation dialogs has been enhanced in Geometry module.
- “Element Info” tab of “Mesh Information” dialog box now provides information about groups, to which the node or element belongs.
- Developer documentation of MED module has been significantly improved for MEDCoupling and MEDLoader packages.
- A lot of other improvements … see SALOME 7.2.0 Release Notes for details.
SALOME 7.2.0 supports the following platforms:
- Linux Debian 6.0 (Squeeze) 64bits
- Linux Mandriva 2010.0 32bits and 64bits
- Linux CentOS 5.5 64bits
- Linux CentOS 6.3 64bits
- Linux Fedora 17 64bits
- Linux Fedora 18 64bits
SALOME 7.2.0 pre-compiled binaries for supported platforms can be retrieved from the download page of the site.
- SALOME version 7.2.0 is based on Open CASCADE Technology v6.5.5.
- The packages for Windows platform are not currently available, they will come soon. Watch for new announcements.
Please, feel free to contact us for any additional information.