Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use ParaVis - Filter "Merge Blocks" changes Data Structure

ParaVis - Filter "Merge Blocks" changes Data Structure

Up to Use

ParaVis - Filter "Merge Blocks" changes Data Structure

Posted by Julia Debschitz at March 28. 2019

Hello,

after I apply the Filter "Merge Blocks" the Data structure is changed --> see below (Data from TS1 is copied to TS0 and the folder TS1 is deleted).
Is there a way how I can maintain the original structure with TS0 and TS1?

Original Structure:
TS0
  MESH
    ComSup0
      BOTTOM
      WATER DEPTH
TS1
  MESH
    ComSup0
      MESH

Structure after merging:
TS0
  MESH
    ComSup0
      MESH
      BOTTOM
      WATER DEPTH

Thank you and best regards,
Julia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Background why I have to use "merge blocks":
I want to simulate flow in a river. During mesh generation I defined the groups: River Bed, Left Bank, Right Bank, Left Floodplain, Right Floodplain. The whole domain is covered by these groups. After Z Interpolation I gain a 3D MED file with the information BOTTOM and Mesh.
Now I open Telemac for the actual simulation. The problem is, that telemac cant simulate the inflow into an empty river bed. So at first I run the simulation without an inflow. I gain a 2D MED file with the information BOTTOM, WATER DEPTH and MESH (--> This is the "Original File"). The water depth is Zero for the whole domain.
Now I want to generate manually a water depth in the channel with ParaVis:
Original File
  Extract group (1) --> Group "River Bed"
    Calculator (1) --> Defining "WaterElevation" = BOTTOM+0.3 [m]
  Extract group (2) --> Groups "Right Bank", "LeftBank", "Right Floodplain" and "Left Floodplain"
    Calculator (2) --> Defining "WaterElevation" = BOTTOM
  Group Datasets --> Calculator (1) and Calculator (2)
    Calculator (3) --> Overwriting "WATER DEPTH" = WaterElevation - BOTTOM
      Merge Blocks

Telemac cant handle the "new" Format after Merging so I have to find a way how to preserve the original structure.

If there is another way of creating a water depth - please let me know!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------