Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Dump_study_error/extrusion_by_normal_modification

Dump_study_error/extrusion_by_normal_modification

Up to Use

Dump_study_error/extrusion_by_normal_modification

Posted by Costas at April 16. 2020

Hi,

I am working on a geometry/mesh with pipe bends connected in a kind of rectangular shape. I used divided disk and extrusion along path in order to create my pipe geometry and I have created a 3D mesh using extrusion by normal using a specific distance and a number of steps.  I want now to modify the number of steps and the extrusion distance. I thought of dumping the study and modifying in the script but when I load the script is missing operations i.e it does not do the partitioning and compound in the geometry and then the mesh cannot find objects can crashes upon loading the script back to salome. Do you have any suggestion how else can it be interpreted and any ideas how can I fix that?

Thank you in advance,

Costas

Re: Dump_study_error/extrusion_by_normal_modification

Posted by Julia Dorovskikh at April 20. 2020

Hello Costas,

Could you, please, attach your study here for we can fix the problem with dump python?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Julia

Posted by Julia Dorovskikh at April 27. 2020

Hello Costas,

Unfortunately, your last comment has disappeared, looks like a forum failure.

I can read it in email, but could you, please, attach the python script again?

What concerns the study, there is no specially dedicated place to upload it, you can use any cloud sharing service you like (for example, google drive).

TIA,

Best regards,

Julia

Posted by Costas at April 28. 2020

Dear Julia,

Thanks for your reply. I have tar the two files. The study which was dump and it gives the error when loaded back to salome. Also I wanted to ask you if there is an easy way create a group of faces within the current mesh i.e selecting particular faces to compute things like mass flow rate.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9xmo63whrc9ynn/geo_mesh_study.tar.gz?dl=0

Best regards,

Costas

Posted by Julia Dorovskikh at April 28. 2020

I'm sorry, but both links don't work.

Posted by Costas at April 29. 2020

Apologies, I have sent you another one if you can please try that and let me know

Posted by Julia Dorovskikh at April 29. 2020

Successfully downloaded, thank you.

Posted by Julia Dorovskikh at April 30. 2020
Hello Costas,

Your study is not consistent. The divided disk object seems to depend on removed objects. Also its arguments have been swapped, possibly it was created by older Salome versions.
I've dumped all objects, including invalid, and corrected a bit the script (creation of the divided disk).
May be the attached result will help you, though it has unresolved errors in Mesh part.

Thank you for this study, it helped to discover a couple of problems in Salome.

Best regards,
Julia

Attachments

Posted by Costas at April 30. 2020

Dear Julia,

Hi,

The unresolved bits in the Mesh may be due the extrusion by normal operation. I will see if I fix it and come up with an update.

Thanks you for your time.

Best regards,

Costas