Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use How project or imprint curves or surface onto a solid

How project or imprint curves or surface onto a solid

Up to Use

How project or imprint curves or surface onto a solid

Posted by kathi blum at February 18. 2021
hello how can we project/imprint a curve or a surface onto a solid? I search for this, because a need (for the pressure application with Code-Aster) a group of surface elements which correspond to a part of a geometric surface, so I have to partition that surface With Geom- or Shaper-Module thank you for your help kathi

Re: How project or imprint curves or surface onto a solid

Posted by Massimiliano Leoni at February 21. 2021
I am not sure I understand your question, but have you tried partitioning the solid with the surface objects? There is a "Partition" tool in Salome for that.

Posted by kathi blum at February 21. 2021
hello Massimiliano Leoni I know how to partition the solid. But the partition contains multiple solids in it's inner. This is not what I want. I want to partition only the outer surface(s), but there should be still only 1 solid contained in the new object. It is a kind of partitioning, but partitioning only the surface(s) which make up the hull of the solid body, not the solid body itself do you or any collegue have a solution? thanks kathi

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at February 22. 2021

Hi Kathi,

to get the projection on a face, you can use in GEOM Transformation> Projection. After you will have to call Partition to add it on the result.

Or make a common before partition to have only the imprint on the result.

Christophe

Posted by Massimiliano Leoni at February 25. 2021
Hello Kathi. Have you tried doing a partition selecting "Shell" as a resulting type, and then using "Build solid" on the partitioned shell? This should give you a single solid with a partitioned boundary.