Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Re: 2D-meshing over a group of surfaces, using GMSH

Re: 2D-meshing over a group of surfaces, using GMSH

Up to Use

Posted by kathi blum at January 11. 2020

here the 2nd part of attached files

Attachments

Posted by kathi blum at January 11. 2020

hello

when having lots of small surfaces forming the geometry it should be possible with GMSH to "smear" the 2D-elements over the borders between the geometric surfaces

Sadly I do not succeed. I tried with several geometries and post here 1 example. The whole geometry consists of 6 surfaces, and a group of 4 surfaces should get the "smeared" elements. Always I get holes in the mesh

Can anybody please help me and present a successful example showing also the Hypothesis which must be used? Thank you

Regards, kathi

Attachments

Posted by kathi blum at July 02. 2020

hello

can someone please know the solution to my question and answer please?

Many thanks

kathi

Posted by Nabil Ghodbane at July 02. 2020

if I recall it right, a similar issue was reported some time ago with SALOME 9.3 and 9.4 .

These two releases use GMSH 4.1. With that release meshing with GMSH leads to holes in the generated mesh. The issue was fixed since and should be part of next SALOME release.

Enclosed, a screen capture using your step  geometry computed with GMSH with the release in preparation. I don't see any hole.

HTH

Attachments

Posted by kathi blum at July 03. 2020

Previously Nabil Ghodbane wrote:

if I recall it right, a similar issue was reported some time ago with SALOME 9.3 and 9.4 .

These two releases use GMSH 4.1. With that release meshing with GMSH leads to holes in the generated mesh. The issue was fixed since and should be part of next SALOME release.

Enclosed, a screen capture using your step  geometry computed with GMSH with the release in preparation. I don't see any hole.

HTH

thankyou, so i look foreward for the next Salome release

kathi