Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use File saving error windows 10

File saving error windows 10

Up to Use

File saving error windows 10

Posted by Mattia at June 24. 2019

Hi,

I'm having issues overwriting hdf files after latest windows 10 updates.

The error arises only when I want to overwrite a file and during mesh export (that's BAD)

I don't know if this is something related to latest windows update as it's the only change appened to my system prior to first error time.

If I save the study with an unique name there is no error, but if I try to overwrite it the error pops.

Does anybody have any clue about this?

Bye

Mattia

Attachments

Re: File saving error windows 10

Posted by Nabil Ghodbane at June 24. 2019

Hi,

a similar issue was recently reported to us and we are investigating to see how this can be tackled.

Preliminary studies show that this is more an issue about Windows 10. 

You could check the solution suggested at these links:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-keeps-changing-to-read-only/87e25f65-4538-46fd-92e8-ebf223c60b8a

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-marking-files-and-folders-as-read/7b0204e4-df8c-4ff8-9c50-e65b989e27b5

hth

Posted by Sergio Pluchinsky at June 25. 2019

I'm having the same issue on Windows 8.1 and 10, a workaround is change the read only state of the file with the file explorer in cases this error message appear.

Posted by Mattia at August 09. 2019
Is there any updates on this issue?
none of the provided solutions worked (and I can't remove RO flag for every save I issue)

By the way, I tried to remove and reinstall Salome 9.3 and I saw all my settings were kept (like background color and file paths).

How comes? Is there any registry key or hidden configuration file that is stored anywhere but the main salome directory?

This is something that should be documented as I didn't find any clear way to make a fresh installation of Salome under windows.

Bye