Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Meshing compound: another way?

Meshing compound: another way?

Up to Use

Meshing compound: another way?

Posted by Mattia Piron at February 19. 2019

I made some simulation of large file, made by shells, solids and nodes where I put discrete elements.
My procedure was:

1) Import STEP file
2) Explode it into shells and solids
3) Create vertices where I want the 0D elements
4) Make a partition with all the exploded elements and the vertices
5) Explode again the partition into vertices, solids and shells.
6) Create groups where I want to put LIAISON_SOLIDE, link, forces and so on
7) In the mesh module, I create a "empty" mesh of the partition
8) Then, I create one sub-mesh for each component
9) I compute the main mesh, add the group and so on

After that, I set the simulation in the aster module. All works, no problem.

Now, the problem: After the simulation, I want to modify one component of the geometry. It's ridiculous, because I must repeat the entire procedure, recreate groups and so on. It's more or less 2 hour of work every time.
I've done that 2-3-4 times, but... there is another faster way to do that?

Thank you

Re: Meshing compound: another way?

Posted by Saint Michael at February 19. 2019

Hi

One way of optimization is to put your entire procedure in a Python  script. This way you only modify some parameters and launch the script which does all the work.

Another option: when you modify your geometry in Geometry module, activate Advanced option "Set presentation and sub-shapes from arguments" which is present in most of dialogues. This way you get all your sub-shapes appeared in a modified geometry. In Mesh module, create a mesh on the modified geometry by using the second variant of Copy Mesh operation (available since 9.2.0) , which allows copying sub-meshes and groups on geometry from the mesh of non-modified geometry.

St.Michael

Re: Meshing compound: another way?

Posted by Mattia Piron at February 27. 2019

Thank you for your reply.

I try the first mode, by saving the file into "dump study", and then modify the python script. But it didn't work, because he number the parts of the step file, and if I add one parts, maybe he don't recognise it.

It's just my guess, but the hearth of the matter is that didn't work. Maybe, if I create the entire geometry in geometry module there will be no problem.

The second option, in this moment I don't understand well, I have to try