Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Re: create point along a composite wire based on ratio

Re: create point along a composite wire based on ratio

Up to Use

Posted by Anirudh Nehra at June 15. 2019

Hi to all,

I am currently working on a project where I need to construct many points on a curve. The curve is made up of many lines and arcs. I imported the curve as  BREP, then exploded into individual edges and then created a wire on them. The problem is when I try the usual method of creating point based on ratio (option 3 in point creation dialog box), I can select only the individual edges that make up the wire in "EDGE" input box. I try to explain better in attached picture.

What I need:

When I put in a ratio of say 0.5 or input a numeric value for length, it should create a point in exactly middle of the wire and not the individual edge segment which the wire is made up of. I also want to be able to select the starting point.

Thanks and Regards

Anirudh Nehra

Attachments

Posted by Anirudh Nehra at June 15. 2019

Hi,

In the attached picture, the created point arrow in top profile is a little off the "X".  It does point to the cross. Apologies.

Thanks

Anirudh

Attachments

Posted by Saint Michael at June 18. 2019

Hi Anirudh

There i a command to create an edge from a wire. Then you will be able to create points on the new edge the way you tried.

St.Michael

Posted by Anirudh Nehra at June 19. 2019

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I tried as you suggested but an error shows up saying there are sharp bends, so operation aborted.

I tried even with very loose tolerance once, still no success. Pls see the attached image.

Thanks

Anirudh

Attachments

Posted by Anirudh Nehra at June 19. 2019

Hi,

Please find attached the BREP FIle with hdf. The software says that there are sharp bends in geometry. In my view, its made of only arcs and lines and they should be G1 to each other. Is there a function in salome to check continuity between objects(both 2s and3d), within a specified tolerance in such a way that the function returns true or false according to tolerance.

https://i.ibb.co/Cw9dQcN/error2.png

Thanks

Anirudh

Attachments

Posted by Saint Michael at June 20. 2019

Hi Anirudh

Wire -> Egde aproach does not work for your whole geometry. But I managed to make an edge from a large part of it (see an image). I did that by processing the edges portion by portion, i.e. made a wire from 3-4 edges and an edge from it, then processed next 3-4 edges etc. If Wire->Edge failed, I reduced a portion to 2-3 edges. I hope your whole geometry can be converted to an edge this way.

St.Michael

Attachments