Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Salome meca fails on opening a saved study

Salome meca fails on opening a saved study

Up to Use

Salome meca fails on opening a saved study

Posted by Anirudh Nehra at July 17. 2019

Hi forum members,
I use Salome meca for various design work. The issue is sometimes when I open a saved study(that may or may not have errors),
it shows an error dialog box and I can't click any of the buttons on it. Neither can I click YES, NO, Show Details or CANCEL. All I can do is close it from the top left X button, then again another one opens, and this time I can't even close it from there. All I can do is just kill salome meca from system monitor/terminal using PID.
Please how can I get rid of this error.
One other issue is that when I dump study that contains Asterstudy component, and load that dumped script, it hangs again.
If the asterstudy version is set to default so that no dialog box opens to ask the version of asterstudy, its ok, but If this option is set to ask in Preferences, it hangs in loading script.
I attach these errors in a video capture here.
https://i.ibb.co/KXtQn3F/hang-salome-asterstudy.gif

Thanks a lot.
Anirudh

Re: Salome meca fails on opening a saved study

Posted by Nabil Ghodbane at July 17. 2019

Hi Anirudh

additional input is needed here in order to reproduce the reported issue. Which version what OS flavor are you using ?

Posted by Anirudh Nehra at July 18. 2019

Hi,

I am using Debian Stable( Stretch).

Interestingly, I reset all the options to default in Preferences and relaunched salome. Now the error seems to be gone.

Also could it be because of the many versions of Salome that I run concurrently? I run Salome 9.3 along with salome_meca2018.

Thanks

Anirudh

Posted by Nabil Ghodbane at July 19. 2019

hi

glad that the issue is solved now.

FYI we test running  SALOME concurrent sessions tests and we did not experience any issue on Linux.

Posted by Anirudh Nehra at July 19. 2019

Hi,

That's good to know that such errors should not happen. However, I have observed various sigsegv and fatal errors, sometimes unknown exception dialog boxes for unknown reason. The frequency is more when the system is resumed after some idle time. I will try to get an appropriate error scenario to reproduce the error if possible. It might be that Salome 9.3 does not play well together with older versions.

Thanks

Anirudh

Posted by Anirudh Nehra at July 20. 2019

Hi,

I have limited understanding of ssh but I read somewhere that salome works by an ssh client. Is there a possibility that salome session expires if there is an ssh timeout after long period of inactivity or after I suspend desktop session?

Thanks a lot.

Anirudh