Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Re: Hexahedral mesh using Salome 9.4.0

Re: Hexahedral mesh using Salome 9.4.0

Up to Use

Posted by Daniel at May 19. 2020

Hello,

I am using Salome 9.4.0 and I would like to create a hexahedral mesh. Are there any Salome tutorials or a best practices document that I could refer to? Salome is relatively new to me, so if there is a better way to do what I describe below, please let me know. 

The geometry I would like to mesh consists of a cylinder and some hexahedrons (See attachment). I am aware that I need create "block geometries" (6 faces, 12 edges, 8 vertices) to create a hexahedral mesh. I created a 2D sketch in Shaper (Sketch 1) and extruded it. Then, on one of the faces, I created an O-grid sketch (Sketch 2), and extruded it to create a cylinder. I would like to create a hex mesh; however, once the solids/blocks are created, I cannot move the vertices of these blocks to connect them to other blocks. 

Additionally, I would like to connect the vertices of the O-grid to another block to create a fine mesh near the walls on the hexahedrons. You may see how the wireframe of the cylinder is currently disconnected from that of the rest of the geometry (See Wireframe). The mesh created with two different partititions is also shown (See Mesh). Can these blocks be created/modified in Shaper? Or does this have to be done in Geometry or the Mesh module? I will attach the Salome-Python-Study file in the next comment. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Daniel

Attachments

Posted by Daniel at May 19. 2020

The Salome-Python-Study is attached. 

Attachments