Rotation in Mesh or Geometry

Up to Use

Posted by Giorgio Bornia at September 06. 2019

Posted by Giorgio Bornia at September 06. 2019

Sorry my first message went blank.

I have a question:

if I want to rotate a mesh, the underlying Geometry does not seem to follow.

Also, I tried rotating the underlying Geometry but the Mesh doesn't seem to work at all.

Is there a procedure to harmonize the two rotations, so that when one happens then the other one follows?

Best,

Giorgio

Re: Rotation in Mesh or Geometry

Posted by Damian Berghof at September 09. 2019

Hi Giorgio,
I guess what you want to do is simply not possible because the objects are not really linked/connected to each other. Do you know Software where this operation works?

best,
Damian

Re: Rotation in Mesh or Geometry

Posted by Giorgio Bornia at September 09. 2019
Hi Damian, thanks for your reply. I haven't tried to see if other software has this ability. Since every Mesh has an associated geometrical object, I thought that maybe rotating the Geometry would automatically rotate the Mesh, or maybe rotating the Mesh would fire backwards on the Geometry. Since my ultimate goal is to rotate the Mesh, I think I'll stick with the rotation in the Mesh module, even though the Geometry remains unrotated. At first I even tried to rotate a Sketch in the Shaper module to get familiar with it (if Geometry is deprecated, I guess in the future it will be removed), but I didn't find any rotation of a Sketch. Best, Giorgio