Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use cant switch to SALOME geom/mesh module

cant switch to SALOME geom/mesh module

Up to Use

cant switch to SALOME geom/mesh module

Posted by Chhavi Kusum at February 12. 2020

I am trying to create an automatic mesher in SALOME TUI, which takes a geometry and creates groups based on face areas. Then each group is meshed with a different fineness depending on the face size.

While my TUI code is running fine. I can open this file in SALOME GUI but when I try to switch to Geometry/mesh module, SALOME freezes. I went through the documentation available but couldnt find a solution. Maybe I havent looked hard enough.

Could some one please help me? I am attaching my code.

Attachments

Re: cant switch to SALOME geom/mesh module

Posted by Saint Michael at February 12. 2020

Hi

Your script must fail at least in line blade_mesh.SetMeshOrder( [ ['small', submesh[0]] ] ) because of 'small'. Probably you try to activate a module while the script is still running.

St.Michael

Posted by Chhavi Kusum at February 12. 2020

That is an error in my scripting. Thanks for that. Although, I am saving the file before I set to the meshing part i.e. after the geom portion. I open the hdf file in SALOME which fails to load the geomtery/mesh module

I save the file using the command: salome.myStudy.SaveAs("D:/Mesher_testing_files/Salome_test/rotor/edge_length/Blade_automated_meshing.hdf", False, False)

Are any more commands needed to ensure file opens in GUI?

Posted by Saint Michael at February 12. 2020

Geometry module can load long in case if there are very many objects in the study.

St.Michael

Posted by Chhavi Kusum at February 13. 2020

ok. Maybe thats the reason. Yesterday, I let it load for an hour and still it didnt load. Do I need to wait longer?

Posted by SMESH expert at February 13. 2020

Hello

Can you share your study, to check what is wrong?

Best regards

Edward

Posted by Chhavi Kusum at February 13. 2020

Unfortunately, I cant share the geometry. Sorry.

I also waited much longer than yesterday and the modules loaded. So, I think what St. Michael suggested would be the reason.