Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use shaper-mesh link

shaper-mesh link

Up to Use

shaper-mesh link

Posted by Cacciatorino at November 04. 2021

Is there a way to update a mesh after a modification of a 3d model, as in the following workflow?

1. Create a model in shaper
  2. Switch to the Mesh module and create the mesh
  3. back to the shaper module to modifiy the model
  4. Update the mesh after shaper modification
I'm not able to perform the step number 4, I cannot find a way to make that the mesh module re-read the geometry and mesh it again.

Re: shaper-mesh link

Posted by mihe at November 11. 2021

I am interested too. But is not the sequence shaper -> geo -> mesh? 

-Or is the a way to skip over geo?

-If not:  -Is the geo geometry suppose to update when a change is made in shaper? -How do you force it to update?

BR/Micke

Posted by Cacciatorino at November 12. 2021

The passage in the "geo" module is no longer necessary, speaking about the last 9.7.3 release.

I can't find the way to update the mesh qwhen the shape is changed. The question was related to this problem, actually.

Posted by Cacciatorino at November 12. 2021

I would say 9.7.0

Previously Cacciatorino wrote:

The passage in the "geo" module is no longer necessary, speaking about the last 9.7.3 release.

I can't find the way to update the mesh qwhen the shape is changed. The question was related to this problem, actually.

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at November 12. 2021

Hi,

the update of the shape to mesh (published in ShaperResults) is automatic if the shape has been modified but remains the result of the same feature (for instance by a change of a parameter, a new feature inserted before, a change of the inputs of the last feature itself). If your new shape has been created by a new feature, you'll have to create a new mesh.

Christophe