Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform Question regarding development of plugin

Question regarding development of plugin

Up to Extension of the platform

Question regarding development of plugin

Posted by loumalou at June 09. 2019

Dear Salome Developers,

I have two questions for the development of a plugin for an open-source FE-program:

1.  I attach boundary conditions to meshes. Is it possible to attach an observer to it (from python, I tried this but I didn't get it working) to tell the user that if the mesh is deleted the boundary condition is being deleted as well? Or maybe even abort the deletion with a user dialog?
  2. What is the fastest way to get the connectivity information from all Elements in a mesh? I am first getting the element-ids with a filter (super-fast) and then use "GetElemNodes" which is quite slow, since I am assuming that each call internally is a search. Same for the node-coordinates; Using "GetNodesId" is super fast, but then accessing the nodal coordinates with "GetNodeXYZ" is slow, assuming for the same reason.

Thank you very much in advance for helping me.

BTW this is the account of a colleague of mine, since it seems to be currently not possible to create new accounts for the forum. Or is there another way?

Best regards,

Philipp Bucher

Re: Question regarding development of plugin

Posted by SMESH expert at June 10. 2019

Hello Philipp

• Not possible to attach an observer.
  • "GetElemNodes"and GetNodeXYZ are direct access methods, no search.

Best regards

Edward