Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform salome to calculix interface program

salome to calculix interface program

Up to Extension of the platform
  • salome to calculix interface program

Posted by bernhardi at September 08. 2007
    Hi everybody on the basis of the EDF mdump.c source code I wrote a small interface program which translates mesh files given in MED format to the CalculiX .inp format. The generated .inp files should run unter ABAQUS as well (I cannot test this, however, because I have no access to ABAQUS). Don't know how to post the program here. Thus whoever is interested, please let me know. B.
    • new version of the interface

Posted by bernhardi at July 26. 2011

Hi to all,

SALOME to Abaqus/CalculiX interface program; new version attached here.

Reads from the universal files which can be generated by SALOME. No medlib needed.

Translates nodes, elements, and groups into *elsets for easy boundary condition definition.

Very new, probably many bugs in it. If you find one please let me know.

Please refer to the comments at the beginning of the text for installation and use.

Best regards,

OEB

Attachments
      • Re: new version of the interface

Posted by alex at December 17. 2014

Hello to everybody. I've compiled windows binary of this convert program.  Seems to be it works =)

Previously bernhardi wrote:

Hi to all,

Reads from the universal files which can be generated by SALOME. No medlib needed.

Translates nodes, elements, and groups into *elsets for easy boundary condition definition.

Please refer to the comments at the beginning of the text for installation and use.

Best regards,

OEB

Attachments

Posted by Sergio Pluchinsky at June 09. 2015

Alex, thanks for the windows version!

I just download the windows executable file, and tested i some simple mesh, and it works (with UNV as input), but can you remove the extra stuff added (material and dynamic calculus definition)? That's would be great because in such way we would not be forced to delete in every file that we translate. Maybe a killer feature would be the option to change the unit from meters (Salome works in meters) to milimeters. Normally all the analysis that I perform are in mm/N/s units and this meters are creating me some noise :)

On the other side, when I solve in CCX, it gave me some error messages (but still computes the results)

*ERROR in e_c3d: nonpositive jacobian
                 determinant in element       24275

This is for every element in the mesh.

Best regards, and thanks in advance!

Previously alex wrote:

Hello to everybody. I've compiled windows binary of this convert program.  Seems to be it works =)

Hi to all,

Best regards,

OEB

Posted by bernhardi at June 16. 2015

Hi,

I do not know about the changes that alex made in the code ( I use linux); but I think  you can simply delete the corresponding lines yourself and recompile the program.  Just look for the comment line /* write standard ABAQUS procedure calls: *frequency step. */ and the following fprintf lines. 

Regarding the "non-positive Jacobian" errors: Which element type do you use?

You can change the mesurement units from m to e.g. mm if you like using the salome/geometry > preferences menue. I did not care of that so far and always considered the numbers to be in mm; however you could also modify the interface program so that the coordinates are multipied by e.g. 1000.0 before being printed: look at the first 10 lines of routine writemesh().

Hope that helps.

OEB

Previously Sergio Pluchinsky wrote:

Alex, thanks for the windows version!

I just download the windows executable file, and tested i some simple mesh, and it works (with UNV as input), but can you remove the extra stuff added (material and dynamic calculus definition)? That's would be great because in such way we would not be forced to delete in every file that we translate. Maybe a killer feature would be the option to change the unit from meters (Salome works in meters) to milimeters. Normally all the analysis that I perform are in mm/N/s units and this meters are creating me some noise :)

On the other side, when I solve in CCX, it gave me some error messages (but still computes the results)

*ERROR in e_c3d: nonpositive jacobian
                   determinant in element       24275

This is for every element in the mesh.

Best regards, and thanks in advance!

Previously alex wrote:

Hi to all,

Best regards,

OEB

Posted by JMB at August 08. 2011

SALOME to Abaqus/CalculiX interface program; new version attached here.  Reads from the universal files which can be generated by SALOME. No medlib needed. 

Translates nodes, elements, and groups into *elsets for easy boundary condition definition.  Very new, probably many bugs in it.  If you find one please let me know.   Please refer to the comments at the beginning of the text for installation and use.

Hello berhardi,

Thank you for the neat  little program (unical1.c)!  It is so much easier to compile without medlib.  I tested it briefly on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 (64bit) as well as Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 (64bit).  It creates Cube.inp file in both PCs.  I will test them further soon and let you know my results.

I appreciate your contributions to FEA inter-operability, given that the Salome team seems to be ignoring ABAQUS (*.INP file) compatibility continually even in the latest release 6.3.1.

Regards, JMB

PS: I have included a Cube.unv file here for ease of testing this translator, for others.

Attachments
    • Re: salome to calculix interface program

Posted by Manibabu at June 14. 2010

hi,

I need to find common nodes from 2 meshes with tolerance e-06 , which are made in SALOME.

Can Any one help me please.. it is urgent..

Thank you, Mani

Posted by Alex at January 18. 2010

Hi Bernhardi

In trying to compile yr mesh converter, It asks me for a header from med-fichier : med_config.h

I have compiled and installed in my system the med_fichier 2.3.6 version that ships with Code-Aster.

I am using Slackware64 13,  and there is no med_config.h in ../include...

Can you tell me which version of Med Libraries did you use, when building the mesh conversion tool...?

BRGDS

Alex

Posted by Manibabu at May 25. 2010

Are there any packages to convert any of the mesh formats to .msh

.med , .unv, .suav to .msh

Thanking you Mani

Posted by bernhardi at January 21. 2010
      Hi Alex! after gunzip and tar -xvf on the aster installation files you should have something like .../aster/aster-full-src-10.1.0/SRC Therein you find lots of new tar files. Unzip and untar the med-2.3.6.tar.gz file. Then, you should have something like .../aster/aster-full-src-10.1.0/SRC/med-2.3.6/include where you find the med_config.h. That is, the source files of the medlib must be available. Sorry prob. forgot to mention this... Please let me know if you get it to work. Also if you have any suggestions I'd appreciate getting them... Best regards, Bernhardi.

Posted by Alex at January 21. 2010

Hi Bernhardi

Thkz for yr reply...

I have followed your approach...

I compile med, and it creates the libraries in /usr/local/lib, and throws some headers into /usr/local/include... but none of them is med_config.h

How do I make ( which ./configure or make directive must i use ) the compilation of med throw the header into /usr/local/include...?

I guess that simply adding manually med_config.h to /usr/local/include won't do, because the symbols won't have been compiled into the library, am I right...?

On the other way , I found 2 diferent build structures in med-2.3.6/include in Makefile.am and Makefile.in... one is the Dist the other is Install....   and the included headers are different...   will I have to hack Makefile.in and Makefile.am of ~/med-2.3.6/include in order to build the library with the symbols of med_config.h...?

I am using a Slackware64 13...

BRGDS

Alex

Posted by bernhardi at January 22. 2010
      Hi Alex, Sorry for this -- I know the libraries almost always cause trouble. As far as I know the med install procedure does not put all include files into /usr/local/include; rather, the med_config.h is found in med_fichier2.2.3.src/include I give that directory to the compiler, using something like this (just change the /bern/med to something appropriate: gcc medaba10.c -O3 -DPCLINUX64 -I/bern/hdf/hdf5-1.6.4/hdf5/include -I/bern/med/med_fichier2.2.3.src/include <==== This line does the job!! -L/bern/hdf/hdf5-1.6.4/hdf5/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lmed -lhdf5 -lm -o medaba10 (all one single line, no carriage returns!) This is what the simple Makefile does. BTW. I use a SUSE 11.1. The stuff also works on gentoo; and I think other linuxes should not make a difference...

Posted by bernhardi at November 22. 2009

HI everybody

new version available; I attach it here.

Stiil not error-free; use at your own risk...

Best regards Bernhardi.

Hi everybody on the basis of the EDF mdump.c source code I wrote a small interface program which translates mesh files given in MED format to the CalculiX .inp format. The generated .inp files should run unter ABAQUS as well (I cannot test this, however, because I have no access to ABAQUS). Don't know how to post the program here. Thus whoever is interested, please let me know. B.

Attachments

Posted by DAVID Gilles at May 14. 2010

Try to set your environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib before launching the executable.

But you should not need it if you execute medaba just after compilation because this path should be hard linked in the executable...

Posted by bernhardi at May 16. 2010

Hi David: Thanks very much for giving advice.

Do you have a recipe how to generate a statically linked executable? That should ease implementation of the interface. Fiddling around with libraries often causes problems. The procedure should be quite similar to linking the EDF example code mdump.c statically.

Previously DAVID Gilles wrote:

Try to set your environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib before launching the executable.

But you should not need it if you execute medaba just after compilation because this path should be hard linked in the executable...

Posted by sa at July 19. 2010

Hi , i also try install medaba , but i have error

medaba10.c: In function ‘main’:

medaba10.c:751: warning: ignoring return value of ‘scanf’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result

/tmp/ccDT0m3m.o: In function `lecture_maillage_non_structure':

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:227: undefined reference to `MEDnEntMaa'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:233: undefined reference to `MEDnEntMaa'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:239: undefined reference to `MEDnFam'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:244: undefined reference to `MEDnEquiv'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:265: undefined reference to `MEDnGroupe'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:269: undefined reference to `MEDnAttribut'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:295: undefined reference to `MEDfamInfo'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:393: undefined reference to `MEDnoeudsLire'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:500: undefined reference to `MEDelementsLire'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:568: undefined reference to `MEDelementsLire'

/tmp/ccDT0m3m.o: In function `main':

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:710: undefined reference to `MEDformatConforme'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:716: undefined reference to `MEDversionDonner'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:720: undefined reference to `MEDouvrir'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:741: undefined reference to `MEDnMaa'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:761: undefined reference to `MEDmaaInfo'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:763: undefined reference to `MEDdimEspaceLire'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:775: undefined reference to `MEDunvLire'

/home/sasha/Documents/medaba10/medaba10.c:811: undefined reference to `MEDfermer'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

rm: cannot remove `medaba10': No such file or directory

please help

thank in advance 
      Sasha
    • Salome-Meca win64 executable

Posted by arturo zuluaga at July 29. 2015

Hi, i dont know how to create a salome-meca executable.

Can you help me?

Can you give a sallome-meca executable?

Thanks

Arturo

Posted by JMB at July 13. 2010

Hello,

I am trying to compile medaba10 in Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 (64bit) and tried with Salome 5.1.3 & 5.1.4 with:

gcc medaba10.c -O3 -DPCLINUX64 -I/opt/salome_5.1.3/hdf5-1.6.9/include -I/opt/salome_5.1.3/med-2.3.6/include -L/opt/salome_5.1.3/hdf5-1.6.9/lib -L/opt/SALOME-MECA-2010.1-x86_64/SALOME/SALOME5/Prerequis/Med-2.3.6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lmed -lhdf5 -lm -o medaba10

as well as:

gcc medaba10.c -O3 -DPCLINUX64 -I/opt/salome_5.1.4/hdf5-1.6.9/include -I/opt/salome_5.1.4/med-2.3.6/include -L/opt/salome_5.1.4/hdf5-1.6.9/lib -L/opt/SALOME-MECA-2010.1-x86_64/SALOME/SALOME5/Prerequis/Med-2.3.6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lmed -lhdf5 -lm -o medaba10

But I get:

[quote]

In file included from medaba10.c:24:
      /opt/salome_5.1.3/med-2.3.6/include/med_utils.h:144:2: error: #error "Explicit error messages must be either activated or deactivated, hence MESGERR macro must be defined."
      /opt/salome_5.1.3/med-2.3.6/include/med_utils.h:145:2: error: #error "Verify that you include med_utils.h after med_config.h, thanks."
      medaba10.c:749: warning: ignoring return value of ‘scanf’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result

[/quote]

Could somebody assist please?  Thank you

Regards

JMB

Posted by sa at July 22. 2010

Hi Bernhardi!

thank you for an answer

i installed it - and it working!

I installed it on ubuntu 10.04, i think problem was with hdf5 and med files version.

i downloaded salome2008 from caelinux site, there is same version of hdf5 and med as you use.and after it installed without problem.

also need set LD_LIBRARY_PATH. thank you again for a program.

what preprocessor you suggest use for calculix (cgx not look so frendly)?

thank 

sasha

Posted by Manibabu at May 13. 2010

Hi, I ran the makefile of the code. including all the library paths and stuff. but in compilation part it is showing an error.

gcc medaba10.c -g -O3 -DPCLINUX64 -I/home/nisus/SALOME/SALOME5/Prerequis/Hdf5-1.6.9/include -I/home/nisus/SALOME/SALOME5/Prerequis/Med-2.3.6/include  -L/home/nisus/SALOME/SALOME5/Prerequis/Hdf5-1.6.9/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lhdf5 -lmed -lm   -o medaba10
      medaba10.c:749: warning: ignoring return value of ‘scanf’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
      /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmed

make: *** [medaba] Error 1

How can I get rid of this error.

Thanx.

Posted by DAVID Gilles at May 13. 2010
      Hello, I think you miss the option -L/home/nisus/SALOME/SALOME5/Prerequis/Med-2.3.6/lib in your command line. Regards, Gilles

Posted by Manibabu at May 14. 2010

Hello, I think you miss the option -L/home/nisus/SALOME/SALOME5/Prerequis/Med-2.3.6/lib in your command line. Regards, Gilles

Thanx for ur reply, Anyway problem is solved. But in compilation it is giving another error which are given bellow.

gcc medaba10.c -g -O3 -DPCLINUX64 -I/opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/hdf5-1.6.4/include -I/opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/include  -L/opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/hdf5-1.6.4/lib -L/opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib -lmed -lhdf5 -lm   -o medaba10
        /usr/bin/ld: warning: libg2c.so.0, needed by /opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib/libmed.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
        /opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib/libmed.so: undefined reference to `do_lio'
        /opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib/libmed.so: undefined reference to `s_wsle'
        /opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib/libmed.so: undefined reference to `s_copy'
        /opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib/libmed.so: undefined reference to `e_wsle'

plz help me out.

Thanking you , Mani

Posted by DAVID Gilles at May 14. 2010

Previously Manibabu wrote:

Thanx for ur reply, Anyway problem is solved. But in compilation it is giving another error which are given bellow.

gcc medaba10.c -g -O3 -DPCLINUX64 -I/opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/hdf5-1.6.4/include -I/opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/include  -L/opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/hdf5-1.6.4/lib -L/opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib -lmed -lhdf5 -lm   -o medaba10
          /usr/bin/ld: warning: libg2c.so.0, needed by /opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib/libmed.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
          /opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib/libmed.so: undefined reference to `do_lio'
          /opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib/libmed.so: undefined reference to `s_wsle'
          /opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib/libmed.so: undefined reference to `s_copy'
          /opt/SALOME-MECA-2008.1-GPL/SALOME/SALOME3/prerequis/med-2.3.1/lib/libmed.so: undefined reference to `e_wsle'

plz help me out.

Thanking you , Mani

Hello,

You miss the library libg2c. Use your package manager to find and install it.

Regards,

Gilles

Posted by Manibabu at May 14. 2010

Previously Manibabu wrote:

plz help me out.

Thanking you , Mani

Hello,

You miss the library libg2c. Use your package manager to find and install it.

Regards,

Gilles

Thanks, my repository is karmic which does not have libg2c, anyway I have installed from hIardy repository. I have one final problem I guess.

I ran $ ./medaba  cube

its is giving error.

./medaba10: error while loading shared libraries: libmed.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

but in the med/lib libmed.so.1.1.1 is there and which is having a link named libmed.so.1

help me out plz.

thanx in advance

Mani

Posted by Manibabu at May 15. 2010

I have tried in both ubuntu 9.10 And CAELinux but it is still showing this problem . anyway I have changed the environmental variable as u said but it isn't working. plz help me out

Thank you, Mani

Posted by mauro poian at July 17. 2011

Hello,

Dear bernhardi, I downloaded the attached medaba10.tar (80.0 kB) and it works fine with Salome version 5.1.4.

Now I installed Salone 6.3 that uses a new MED version and it does not work so my question is.. do you have an upgrade of the medaba10 program that can manage MED 3.0 mesh?

To be precise I'm using the compiled version for 64 bit "./medaba10-64bit" and i'm running under UBUNTU.

Thank you in advance

Mauro

Posted by sa at July 21. 2010

Hi,

is somebody succesfully compile medaba on ubunty?

Posted by bernhardi at July 14. 2010
      Hi, perhaps it helps to install hdf5 as well as med independently from the salome installation?? I usually do that and the stuff works fine. You will know that med is available from the salome download page. Please let me know what comes out! Best regards B.

Posted by sa at October 14. 2010

Hi to all!

if somebody can explain how export corectly axisymmetric model to calculix.

after export i have cps6 element , so i rename it to cax6 .

axis of revolution - y, also my shell in positive x-y coordinate system.

but when i try to solve i have the next error

"*WARNING in e_c3d: nonpositive jacobian

determinant in element 530"

i dont know exactly if problem in export or

in modeling :(

Thanks in advance 

Sasha

Posted by sa at October 15. 2010

Previously sa wrote:

Hi to all!

if somebody can explain how export corectly axisymmetric model to calculix.

after export i have cps6 element , so i rename it to cax6 .

axis of revolution - y, also my shell in positive x-y coordinate system.

but when i try to solve i have the next error

"*WARNING in e_c3d: nonpositive jacobian

determinant in element 530"

i dont know exactly if problem in export or

in modeling :(

Thanks in advance 

Sasha

HI again.

the problem was in wrong faces orientations.

Sasha

Posted by bernhardi at July 22. 2010
      Hi, Sasha, the cgx is really not too bad as a post processor. Does everything that I want it to do. User interface is a bit uncommon. However I like it... As a pre processor it is definitely more hard core; however some of its features are also useful! Good luck, B.

Posted by bernhardi at July 22. 2010
      Hi to all, in order to get around the fuss with the libraries, I generated statically linked executables of MEDABA for both 32 and 64 bit Linuxes. I cannot attach them here because of file sizes (5 MB each, usual drawback of the statically loaded executables); therefore, whoever needs the interface should simply drop me a line! Best regards B.

Posted by kaja rich at May 11. 2011

Hi bernhardi,

please could you sent me your version of Medaba with staticaly linked executables for 64bit Linuxes? My mail is  kaja21@centrum.cz

Thank you.

Hi to all, in order to get around the fuss with the libraries, I generated statically linked executables of MEDABA for both 32 and 64 bit Linuxes. I cannot attach them here because of file sizes (5 MB each, usual drawback of the statically loaded executables); therefore, whoever needs the interface should simply drop me a line! Best regards B.

Posted by sa at August 31. 2010

Hi Bernhardi!

Thank you for medaba - work very good.

i want executables of MEDABA for  32 bit Linuxe- my mail is zabar432@gmail dot com

Also i want ask you if it difficult create executabe, if not maybe you can put some simple instruction.

Thank you very much

Sasha  

Posted by bernhardi at October 15. 2010
      Hi, Sasha, please try a change of element orientation. In Salome, load your model, go to Mesh module and then do Modification>orientation; click on "apply to all" and then on OK. Then, re-export your mesh. That should help; if not, please let me know. Good luck! - B.

Posted by Fernando V Stump at November 10. 2009

Hi,

Could you please send it also to me. (fstump3 at illinois dot edu)

Thanks

Fernando Stump

Posted by sa at October 16. 2010

Hi Bernhardy!

it work, thank you!

Sasha

Posted by bernhardi at July 17. 2011

Hi Mauro

yes you are right, the medaba program does not work with the med3.0 libraries.

For now, the only solution to make abaqus / calculix input files is to use the unv2abaqus.py script which is available from CAELINUX.org, and then to generate the surfaces etc. with CalculiX cgx. Perhaps you could also export your stuff to UNV, import that into salome5 and then proceed via med/medaba10 as before.

I am currently working on an new version of the interface program that also reads from UNV files. The reason for me to go to the UNV formats is i) that  I am afraid to be confronted with another incompatible version of the med lib after some time, and ii) to avoid the fuss with linking the program against the med and HDF5 libraries; that often caused problems as discussed above in this thread.

I want something that also will translate node and element surface groups into the abaqus/calculix formats, so as to ease load / boundary condition definitions. Sorting that out is somewhat CPU time consuming; therefore, I want something in C rather than in python.

Not yet finished, will take a while...

Best regards,

OEB

Posted by bernhardi at July 21. 2010

Hi,

The messages look like that your system cannot find the medlib.so library. Could you please check if it exists at all?

Perhaps at some other location than what you expect?

A command like  "whereis libmed" should help.

I usually compile and install the hdf5 and med libraries separately from salome; linking against these libraries works.  

However there is another hurdle that you might come across: The system needs to know about the libraries during run time as well! Seting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable helps in these cases.

Hope this helps!

B.

Posted by JMB at September 02. 2010

For all,

Mr. Berhardi has made the executables available to all at:

http://www.caelinux.org/wiki/index.php/Proj:MedAba

A link to the sources and compiled versions (32 & 64 bit) in a zip file is near the bottom of the page.  You can freely download it from there.

JMB

Posted by sa at September 20. 2010

Hi to all!

it is possible run medaba under windows  ,or create windows executable?

Thanks

Sasha

Posted by JMB at November 15. 2007
      bernhardi wrote:
      Hi everybody

on the basis of the EDF mdump.c source code I wrote a small interface program which translates mesh files given in MED format to the CalculiX .inp format. The generated .inp files should run unter ABAQUS as well (I cannot test this, however, because I have no access to ABAQUS).

Don't know how to post the program here. Thus whoever is interested, please let me know.

B.

I am very interested in this code.  Can you attach it to a direct email to me?  I will let you know my email if you can do so.  Thank you.

Posted by bernhardi at December 01. 2007
        Sorry for late response... Yepp, if you tell me an email adress, Ill send you the code.

Posted by JMB at February 28. 2008
          bernhardi wrote:
          Sorry for late response... Yepp, if you tell me an email adress, Ill send you the code.

Hello,

I am hoping you can still send me this code to jmb365 at my gmail account.  I have deliberately avoided using the standard email format to hinder spam bots from harvesting the email address from this forum.  Thank you.

JMB

Posted by Fabrizio Ferrario at May 27. 2008
            Hi I'm very interested in the program you wrote...it would be great for me...could you send this file?
            My emai is fabrizzio@alice.it.

Thank you very much

Fabrizio

Posted by Ulf Moritz at June 06. 2008
      Hi,

i'm also interested. Please could you send it to real_chefkoch at yahoo dot de.

Thank you!

ulf

Posted by Karsten Wippler at June 17. 2008
        If still possible, could you please send the code to adress 'fem at netsrak dot net'.

regards,

K.

Posted by JMB at August 17. 2008
      bernhardi wrote:
      Hi everybody

on the basis of the EDF mdump.c source code I wrote a small interface program which translates mesh files given in MED format to the CalculiX.inp format. The generated .inp files should run unter ABAQUS as well (I cannot test this, however, because I have no access to ABAQUS).

Don't know how to post the program here. Thus whoever is interested, please let me know.

B.

Hello,

I have compiled this program with modifications to the Makefile as below:

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # HDFHOME=/bern/hdf/hdf5-1.6.4/hdf5
      HDFHOME=/opt/aster/public/hdf5-1.6.4
      HDFINCLUDE =${HDFHOME}/include
      HDFLIB= ${HDFHOME}/lib

# MEDHOME=/bern/med/med_fichier2.2.3.src
      # MEDHOME=~/FEA/salome_3.2.6/MED_SRC_3.2.6
      # MEDHOME=~/FEA/salome_3.2.6/med-2.2.3/
      MEDHOME=/opt/aster/public/med-2.3.1/
      MEDINCLUDE=${MEDHOME}/include
      # MEDLIB= /usr/local/lib
      MEDLIB=${MEDHOME}/lib

CC =gcc
      CFLAGS=-g -DPCLINUX64 -DF77INT64 -I${HDFINCLUDE} -I${MEDINCLUDE} -I./
      LFLAGS= -L${HDFLIB} -L${MEDLIB}  -lmed -lhdf5 -lm -lz

medaba :
          ${CC} medaba7.c ${CFLAGS} ${LFLAGS}  -o medaba7

clean :
          rm medaba7
      # -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I am getting an error when I try to run it with the cube.med file supplied with it:

./medaba7 cube
      Lecture du fichier cube.med
      - Lecture du fichier a l'aide de MED V2.2.3
      Warning! The HDF5 header files included by this application do not match the
      version used by the HDF5 library to which this application is linked. Data
      corruption or segmentation faults may occur if the application is
      allowed to continue.  You can, at your own risk, disable this check by setting
      the environment variable 'HDF5_DISABLE_VERSION_CHECK' to a value of '1'.
      Setting it to 2 will suppress the warning totally.
      Headers are 1.6.4, library is 1.6.5
      Bye...
      Aborted

Is this to be expected?  If not could you (or anybody else) help please?  Thank you.

Regards,
      JMB

Posted by Hans-Peter Pruefer at March 05. 2009
        Hi!

I am using Calculix in my lectures as well as Adina and Abaqus, i.e. I have access to the actual Abaqus releases.

The interface medaba look quite interesting, because freeware meshers with Calculix/Abaqus output usually generate poor 3d-meshes or lack CAD import capabilities (with subsequent editing).

Anyway, such an interface could help a lot. Especially, I have to admit that my students are not very pleased leafing through the documentation of Code Aster (French is too difficult for them). Therefore Calculix seems to be a somewhat more comfortable choice.

Which med-entities are translated to Abaqus? If some testing with Abaqus is needed, I will help, of course.

Greetings,

Hans-Peter

Posted by bernhardi at March 09. 2009
          Hallo Herr Prüfer ich bitte wegen der späten Antwort um Entschuldigung;ich habe lange nicht in dieses Formum reingeschaut. - Wenn Sie mir eine Adresse zukommen lassen schicke ich Ihnen den Quellcode von dem Ding. Ich benutze es gelegentlich um aus den .med files Abaqus / Calculix inputs zu machen. Es übersetzt in der Hauptsache Knotenkoordinaten und die Elemente (ich hoffe alle). Außerdem gibt es die Möglichkeit die Oberflächenelemente in ABAQUS elementsets umzusetzen, mit denen dload Definitionen erstellt werden können. Funktioniert aber nicht allzu gut; mein primitiver Suchalgorithmus braucht ewig Zeit. Softwaretechnisch ist das Ding sehr - hmmm- vorläufig. Sie werden wissen daß in der CAE linux Distribution auch ein Interface vorhanden ist das von universal nach abaqus umsetzt. Nach etwas hin und her habe ich rausgekriegt wie man dort die Elementknoten richtig programmieren muß. Ich habe das dem Ersteller des CAE Linux kommuniziert; dort sollte jetzt eine korrigierte Version vorhanden sein. Ich unterrichte selbst Finite Elemente an der Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft in Karlsruhe (ehemalige FH). Für den Unterricht verwende ich Ansys und (in den Masterkursen) mittlerweise auch Abaqus. Das Abaqus kenne ich schon sehr lange. Ich habe inzwischen einige wenige Vergleichsrechnungen abaqus - calculix machen können; es gibt, wenn das feature im Calculix vorhanden ist,wohl nur wenig Unterschiede. *rigid Body ist ein Beispiel. Mit besten Grüßen! Bernhardi. otto(atatatatatat)bernhardi.com otto-ernst.bernhardi(atatatatat)hs-karlsruhe.de
          Hans-Peter Pruefer wrote:
          Hi!

I am using Calculix in my lectures as well as Adina and Abaqus, i.e. I have access to the actual Abaqus releases.

The interface medaba look quite interesting, because freeware meshers with Calculix/Abaqus output usually generate poor 3d-meshes or lack CAD import capabilities (with subsequent editing).

Anyway, such an interface could help a lot. Especially, I have to admit that my students are not very pleased leafing through the documentation of Code Aster (French is too difficult for them). Therefore Calculix seems to be a somewhat more comfortable choice.

Which med-entities are translated to Abaqus? If some testing with Abaqus is needed, I will help, of course.

Greetings,

Hans-Peter

Posted by Todd Martin at July 14. 2009
          For those who are interested. I wrote a patch for Calculix which allows node and element groups to be exported into Code-Aster mail format, as well as the nodes and elements themselves. Previously, calculix could only export the nodes and elements, without any groups. The patch should be in the latest stable download.

Posted by Gerhard at August 10. 2009
          hello,

I am also interested in the interface program.
          Please send the code to: the_projectionist (at) gmx.net

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Alex at August 14. 2009

Hi Bernhardi

I am also interested in the mash conversion utility could you please send it to iskandhar2000 ( hat ) [the mail of google] ( dot ) com...    ?

Thanks  :)

Posted by Alex at August 25. 2009

Hi Bernhardi

Thkz a lot...  :)

I will use it with ccx solver...   ;)

Once more

Thanks

Alex