Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) Cancelling SALOME User Day 2020

Cancelling SALOME User Day 2020

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

Cancelling SALOME User Day 2020

Posted by Site Administrator at August 03. 2020

Considering the uncertainty about the health situation in France in September, we regret having to postpone the SALOME Users' Day to a later date, probably mid-2021 if the conditions are met at that time.

Beyond a possible administrative impossibility for the organization of such an event in October, it seems above all a shame to maintain, with the constraints of distance, a meeting that is primarily friendly.

We will try to offer, instead, a virtual webinar-type seminar with a question and answer session.

In the meantime, we invite you to test the brand new version released a few days ago: SALOME 9.5.

This new version brings many features to the SHAPER module, the most emblematic being the direct link with the SMESH module, which makes it possible to directly mesh the parts created, without going through an export to GEOM, and with the possibility to update the mesh when the part has been modified in SHAPER (for example by changing the value of a parameter).

This version was produced under the conditions of the COVID-19 crisis, with a SALOME team working in degraded conditions, in particular for everything related to Human-Machine Interface tests. These difficulties were overcome thanks to the exceptional mobilization of all!

Regards,
SALOME site administrator.

Re: Cancelling SALOME User Day 2020

Posted by Leon Kos at August 03. 2020
Thanks for 9.5.0 and announces.

After testing 9.5.0 I have noticed that SMESH does not Update the window under VirtualGL. Newest VirtualGL or ParaView does not help to resolve this annoying problem.

Posted by Pierre Matharan at August 14. 2020

Previously Leon Kos wrote:

Thanks for 9.5.0 and announces.

After testing 9.5.0 I have noticed that SMESH does not Update the window under VirtualGL. Newest VirtualGL or ParaView does not help to resolve this annoying problem.

I've noticed the same problem for my part. The display is automatically updated in GEOM (OCC viewer) but not in SMESH (VTK viewer). Consequently, in SMESH, I have to click on the "Update" button to see any change in the viewer (rotation, zoom, show/hide objects, ...)

Did you find any temporary solution ?

Posted by Leon Kos at August 19. 2020
Solution is to backport VTK inside ParaView 5.8.0. I am giving files under https://bscw.lecad.fs.uni-lj.si/pub/bscw.cgi/226628 to be replaced appropriately and SALOME-9.5.0.pyconf config changed to ParaView : '5.8.0-virtualgl'

Posted by Pierre Matharan at September 03. 2020

Thank you for sharing your files.

It was not really easy to install this version of Paraview because I had a lot of errors during compilation. But finally I succeeded in, and now everything is working well in Mesh module.

Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.