Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) Opening of a Salome forge & bugtracker?

Opening of a Salome forge & bugtracker?

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

Opening of a Salome forge & bugtracker?

Posted by pierre_j at July 17. 2015

Hi Salome delevopment team,

I believe it has been some time (years? :)) that no one inquires about the setup of a public forge and bugtracker for Salome. I dare to re-start a discussion dealing with these topics today.

Since last time this demand was raised, one can notice that there have been some changes in open source practises of Salome development partners, namely EDF R&D, OpenCascade & CEA:

- EDF R&D opened a public forge & public bugtracker for FEM solver Code_Aster in 2013.

- Open Cascade did so for OCCT (forge, bugtracker) in 2013 as well.

- CEA considered this also with the recently opened MFront library (forge)

From this recent experiences, most notably EDF R&D & Open Cascade have now some feedbacks on the interest of opening such tools. I believe myself that a real effort is certainly required at the setup phase, and that value starts to be brought back only months after. But I believe it is.

Well, here is the dreaded question :). Do you think that at some point in a not so far future, a public forge and bugtracker will be setup for Salome as well?

I thank you in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

Pierre

Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.