Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Suse Leap 15 and the Universal binary of Salome 9.2.0

Suse Leap 15 and the Universal binary of Salome 9.2.0

Up to Install & build

Suse Leap 15 and the Universal binary of Salome 9.2.0

Posted by Tivadar Szavai at April 24. 2019
Hello Guys,

I recently upgraded my stuff to the Leap 15, and I tried to fire up my mate, the Salome 9.2.0!
After I tried to start the program, I got the followings:

"runSalome running on localhost
Error when trying to access active network connections.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/zivatar/salome/appli_V9_2_0/bin/salome/PortManager.py", line 111, in __isNetworkConnectionActiveOnPort
    p = Popen(cmd, stdout=PIPE, stderr=STDOUT)
  File "/home/zivatar/salome/Salome-V9_2_0-univ_public/prerequisites/Python-365/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 709, in __init__
    restore_signals, start_new_session)
  File "/home/zivatar/salome/Salome-V9_2_0-univ_public/prerequisites/Python-365/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 1344, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'netstat': 'netstat'
Searching for a free port for naming service: 2814 - OK
Searching Naming Service  + found in 0.1 seconds
Searching /Kernel/Session in Naming Service  ++++++++++SALOME_Session_Server: /home/zivatar/salome/Salome-V9_2_0-univ_public/prerequisites/Gcc-492/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by /usr/lib64/libGLU.so.1)
  File "/home/zivatar/salome/Salome-V9_2_0-univ_public/modules/KERNEL_V9_2_0/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 172, in waitNSPID
    os.kill(thePID,0)
ProcessLookupError: [Errno 3] No such process

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/home/zivatar/salome/appli_V9_2_0/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 633, in useSalome
    clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir)
  File "/home/zivatar/salome/appli_V9_2_0/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 578, in startSalome
    session=clt.waitNSPID("/Kernel/Session",mySessionServ.PID,SALOME.Session)
  File "/home/zivatar/salome/Salome-V9_2_0-univ_public/modules/KERNEL_V9_2_0/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 174, in waitNSPID
    raise RuntimeError("Process %d for %s not found" % (thePID,theName))
RuntimeError: Process 3130 for /Kernel/Session not found

--- Error during Salome launch ---

Please help me, I dont know how to make it work. Is the problem with the python version or with the gcc? Have anyone met (and solved) with these symptoms?
Everything is appreciated,

Kind Regards,
Tivadar

Re: Suse Leap 15 and the Universal binary of Salome 9.2.0

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at April 25. 2019

Hi,

There are 2 errors:

- netstat is missing. You can install the package net-tools-deprecated.

- a problem with libstdc++.so.6. You can try to remove it:

rm /home/zivatar/salome/Salome-V9_2_0-univ_public/prerequisites/Gcc-492/lib64/libstdc++.so.6

If there is still an error, you can remove ":/lib64" from the files appli_V9_2_0/env.d/envProducts.sh (middle of line 37) and appli_V9_2_0/env.d/envProducts.cfg (end of line 352).

Christophe

Posted by Tivadar Szavai at April 29. 2019

Dear Christophe,

Thank You! I got closer to the goal, because it goes further I think! First I deleted the:

/home/zivatar/salome/Salome-V9_2_0-univ_public/prerequisites/Gcc-492/lib64/libstdc++.so.6

and after that got an error. Then the mentioned files / content was edited, and now the answer of the machine is:

"runSalome running on localhost
Searching for a free port for naming service: 2816 - OK
Searching Naming Service  + found in 0.1 seconds
Searching /Kernel/Session in Naming Service  +SALOME_Session_Server: /home/zivatar/salome/Salome-V9_2_0-univ_public/prerequisites/debianForSalome/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by /usr/lib64/libGLU.so.1)
  File "/home/zivatar/salome/Salome-V9_2_0-univ_public/modules/KERNEL_V9_2_0/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 172, in waitNSPID
    os.kill(thePID,0)
ProcessLookupError: [Errno 3] No such process

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/home/zivatar/salome/appli_V9_2_0/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 633, in useSalome
    clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir)
  File "/home/zivatar/salome/appli_V9_2_0/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 578, in startSalome
    session=clt.waitNSPID("/Kernel/Session",mySessionServ.PID,SALOME.Session)
  File "/home/zivatar/salome/Salome-V9_2_0-univ_public/modules/KERNEL_V9_2_0/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 174, in waitNSPID
    raise RuntimeError("Process %d for %s not found" % (thePID,theName))
RuntimeError: Process 16369 for /Kernel/Session not found

--- Error during Salome launch ---"

KR,

Tivadar

Previously Christophe Bourcier wrote:

Hi,

There are 2 errors:

- netstat is missing. You can install the package net-tools-deprecated.

- a problem with libstdc++.so.6. You can try to remove it:

rm /home/zivatar/salome/Salome-V9_2_0-univ_public/prerequisites/Gcc-492/lib64/libstdc++.so.6

If there is still an error, you can remove ":/lib64" from the files appli_V9_2_0/env.d/envProducts.sh (middle of line 37) and appli_V9_2_0/env.d/envProducts.cfg (end of line 352).

Christophe

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at April 30. 2019

Hi,

You also have to remove the file /home/zivatar/salome/Salome-V9_2_0-univ_public/prerequisites/debianForSalome/lib/libstdc++.so.6

Christophe