Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Problem with port manager

Problem with port manager

Up to Install & build

Re: Problem with port manager

Posted by B. Emek Abali at July 14. 2019

Dear All,

I cannot start a python script within a Salome 9.3 Ubuntu 18.04 over ssh terminal in the -t mode. As far as I understand, the problem is in the salome instance, I have read a lot but could not find a solution to this problem:

INFO:MainThread: salome/appli_V9_3_0/bin/salome/PortManager.py[151]Problem loading PortManager file: /tmp/.salome_PortManager.cfg
INFO:PortManager:Problem loading PortManager file: /tmp/.salome_PortManager.cfg
Process Process-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "salome/Salome-V9_3_0-x86_64-univ/prerequisites/Python-365/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/process.py", line 258, in _bootstrap
    self.run()
  File "salome/Salome-V9_3_0-x86_64-univ/prerequisites/Python-365/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/process.py", line 93, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "salome/appli_V9_3_0/bin/salome/searchFreePort.py", line 68, in searchFreePort_withPortManager
    port = getPort(use_port)
  File "salome/appli_V9_3_0/bin/salome/PortManager.py", line 170, in getPort
    raise RuntimeError(msg)
RuntimeError:
Can't find a free port to launch omniNames
Try to kill the running servers and then launch SALOME again.

The system is a server without desktop. Also the searched file .salome_PortManager.cfg does not exist. How it is possible to regenerate the port manager?

I did install several versions, with Ubuntu binaries and with Linux generic binaries in different directories, all in vain.

Any ideas to test?

All the best, Emek

Posted by Gregor Simic at July 15. 2019

Hello,

is it possible that the package net-tools is missing?

Regards,

Gregor Simic

Posted by Nabil Ghodbane at July 15. 2019

Hi,

besides checking that the net-tools is installed, over SSH connections, you should use the MESA based launcher mesa_salome which is distributed with the Ubuntu 18 archive that you can download at this link:

https://www.salome-platform.org/downloads/current-version/DownloadDistr?platform=OS1.UB18.04&version=9.3.0

Let us know if this works.