Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Salome 8.2.1 on Windows: prebuilt binary version does not launch

Salome 8.2.1 on Windows: prebuilt binary version does not launch

Up to Install & build

Salome 8.2.1 on Windows: prebuilt binary version does not launch

Posted by Daniel Potter at April 13. 2017

I have been using SALOME now for 6 years on multiple platforms, and suddenly no windows versions will work.  There are two problems:

1. waiting for session server server hangs at 83%

2. R6034 runtime error

Please see attached screenshot for a summary.  I get the same two errors with previous version of SALOME (7.6.0 and 7.7.1).  I am using the windows 64bit prebuilt versions. 

I recently installed VS2015, I wonder if that is something to do with problem 2?  Problem 1 has been noted many times on this forum but no one seems to have reported a windows solution.  If you know, please let me know!

Thank-you all for your help.

Daniel

Attachments

Re: Salome 8.2.1 on Windows: prebuilt binary version does not launch

Posted by Saint Michael at April 13. 2017

Hi Daniel

Just for curiosity. In the attached screenshot the SALOME version is 8.2.1. How have you got this version?

St.Michael

Re: Salome 8.2.1 on Windows: prebuilt binary version does not launch

Posted by Daniel Potter at May 11. 2017

Hi Saint Michael,

Sorry for the delayed response.  Usually I download the binary installer for windows from here:

http://www.salome-platform.org/downloads/current-version

However I see that 8.2.1 is not available there, so I don't know where I got it from!  In any case, I have found that both problems also occur with version 8.2.0 available from the link above (see attached screedshot).

I have found that the "waiting for session server server hangs at 83%" problem is resolved by either logging out or restarting the computer.  I suspect this might be due to Salome not being shutdown correctly, as Salome only starts correctly once after a restart/logout - subsequent attempts at executing run_salome.bat gives both errors.

What would cause the wait for a server session to hang?

Best regards,

Daniel

Attachments