Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Unable to Save hdf files

Unable to Save hdf files

Up to Install & build

Unable to Save hdf files

Posted by Keith Robinson at February 23. 2015

I just installed Salome on a laptop with Windows 7 64 bit Professional. I am unable to save the study (*.hdf) files. I get a permissions error (see attached png file for error message). I am able to export mesh files and save script (*.py) files. I have plenty of disk space. Any suggestions? 

Attachments

Unable to save anything on Salome Window 64 installation

Posted by Daniel Ruedisser at April 23. 2015

I'm experiencing the same problem.

The filename shown in the error message contains the "wrong" (linux) path delimiters. Maybe that is the problem??

Re: Unable to Save hdf files

Posted by Daniel Ruedisser at April 23. 2015

Stumbled over the solution elsewhere. Salome doesn't have the temporary folder set correctly.

Open env_launch.bat in the Salome main path and add this line at the very bottom of the file. Save and start salome. Should work.

@SET SALOME_TMP_DIR=%TEMP%

Posted by Luis Felipe Rojas at July 23. 2015

Daniel , I have the same trouble , I have windows 8 , I dont know what is happening on my pc . please help me¡¡

Attachment : word with the images of my software ( I have the 7.5.1 version)

Posted by Luis Felipe Rojas at July 23. 2015

Daniel , I have the same trouble , I have windows 8 , I dont know what is happening on my pc . please help me¡¡

Attachments

Posted by Daniel Ruedisser at July 24. 2015

Luis,

Did you change the file as I have mentioned in the post?

It worked on Win 7 and Win 8.1 for me.

Previously Luis Felipe Rojas wrote:

Attachments

Posted by Mostafa Ghadamyari at July 28. 2015

I was getting same error on windows 8.1

Thanks to Daniel, I could fix it by following his advice.

Previously Daniel Ruedisser wrote:

Stumbled over the solution elsewhere. Salome doesn't have the temporary folder set correctly.

Open env_launch.bat in the Salome main path and add this line at the very bottom of the file. Save and start salome. Should work.

Posted by Daniel Ruedisser at January 22. 2016

To all still experiencing problems with saving. The error also occurs, once you have special characters in your filenames (such as "Umlaute" ä,ö,ü and so on).

But you should correct the temporary path anyway.  Even with the latest version (7.7.2). (see my first comment).

Posted by Cédric at April 09. 2016

Thanks for the solution,

I had the same issue on Windows 10 with the versions 7.7.1. which is now fixed adding @SET SALOME_TMP_DIR=%TEMP%

The same error was also reported on another PC with the previous version 7.6.0 and Windows 7 and is fixed now using the same line added in the set_one_module_env file.

In fact, the problem was initially due to the path of the salome directory which contains the space character.

Thank you very much,

Posted by Islem Megdiche at October 25. 2016

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem, I added  @SET SALOME_TMP_DIR=%TEMP% to set_one_module_env file, saced and then launched salome but it did not work, I am using salome 7.8 under windows 10 in one pC and 8.1 in another PC. Any help please??

Cheers,

islem

Posted by Valentin Valdez at February 04. 2018

Thank you, I had the same problem and it worked. I use Windows 10.