Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Salome universal binary (v.8.2.0) problem in OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 with NVIDIA GPU

Salome universal binary (v.8.2.0) problem in OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 with NVIDIA GPU

Up to Install & build

Salome universal binary (v.8.2.0) problem in OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 with NVIDIA GPU

Posted by Abhijit Bhattacharyya at May 24. 2017

Hello!

I just started to use openFOAM and hence Salome. I am running OF from docker. For Salome, I downloaded universal binary and installed without any problem. As I run, I see opening window. Now as I click Geometry, all crashes reporting:

>>>

Start SALOME, elapsed time :   5.8 seconds
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  28
  Current serial number in output stream:  29
vega@jupiter:~> Terminating SALOME on port 2810...

vega@jupiter:~>

>>>

I am using OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 with kernel 4.4.62-18.6 with "nvidia-bumblebee-375.39-1.1.x86_64" as I have NVIDIA GPU. I use bbswitch with bumblebee for CUDA programming for my C++ development.

As I run "salome test" I see failed tests include "kernel launcher" test (1/849), "KERNEL_SALOME_CONCURRENT_TestConcurrentSession" (18/849) while others pass. Since I was getting problem, I included

>>>

context.addToLdLibraryPath('/usr/lib64/nvidia')
context.addToLdLibraryPath('/usr/lib64/dri')

>>>

in the "salome" code in appli_v8_2_0.

I feel it is issue due to bumblebee nvidia driver that I use for bbswitch and optirun. The processor is 7th gen i5.

I would be grateful, if I get any help.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Salome universal binary (v.8.2.0) problem in OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 with NVIDIA GPU

Posted by Abhijit Bhattacharyya at May 30. 2017

Is there any docker based salome distribution so that I may run?