Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Installing Salome on Open Suse 11

Installing Salome on Open Suse 11

Up to Install & build
  • Installing Salome on Open Suse 11

Posted by Ahmed NY at October 09. 2008
    what package could be installed on OpenSuse 11. I am asking because I tried to install the red hat package, during the installation a good number of red messages appear on the screen. Can anyone help me with that issue.
    The version of SalomeMeca that can be downloaded from caelinux has a higher version number and could be installed on any distribution. I am just speaking my mind, Why the open cascade team could not offer something similar, instead of all these packages?
    • Re: Installing Salome on Open Suse 11

Posted by Achim Sittig at October 17. 2008
      Hello,

I just installed the RedHat-package to my Suse 11.0. I kept gcc native. I had only one error:

/tmp/INSTALLWORK4965/SWIG-1.3.24 -> ./configure --prefix=/root/salome_3.2.6/SWIG-1.3.24 >> /root/salome_3.2.6/SWIG-1.3.24/CONFIGURE.LOG

/tmp/INSTALLWORK4965/SWIG-1.3.24 -> make >> /root/salome_3.2.6/SWIG-1.3.24/MAKE.LOG

used gcc=/usr/bin/gcc

./common.sh: line 34: make: command not found

/home/achim/InstallWizard_3.2.6_RedHat8.0/config_files -> tar xfz

Is this a problem? The program was working after install procedure. Now I don't know how to start the program again. "runSalome" affects "bash: runSalome: command not found"
      Is the program defect or is it a mistake of me?

Best Regards,

Achim

By the way, it is a 64-bit system.

Posted by Ahmed NY at October 17. 2008
          Sorry if I ask again, Are you saying that this RedHat file needs a 64 bit installation?
          my installation is 32 bit, do you  think this is the reason why my installation is failing?
          Could you please confirm, before I try to install again, thank you

Hi, I guess that the RedHat-version is usual 32-bit software. But my computer and the operating system are both 64-bit. I just added that because there are already other discussions about 64-bit.

Ok, after I installed the make program I got much more errors, most of them warnings. I think there is a general problem and it makes no sense to post the logfile here.

Now my question is, was anybody successfull in installing Salome on Suse 11.0, maybe 64-bit ?

What do I have to do?

Posted by Ahmed NY at October 17. 2008
                Hello there
                I appreciate your feedback. Being myself, unable to resolve this problem on my openSUSE11, I have finally installed the stand alone file (that I downloaded from CaeLinux) and it installs and runs perfectly on my openSUSE11.
                I have no clues why, may be there are incompatible version numbers for the different libraries used, may be something else, I do not know
                Hope someone from OpenCascade shed some light on this matter
                wish you good luck

Posted by Ahmed NY at November 10. 2008
                  Well this time I installed salome3.2.6 from the binaries (I did not check the install from sources check box), after sourcing the salome.sh, the programme seems to be running. It seems that you have to source the salome.sh file each time you want to run the programme (I do not know why you have to do that but this is how it works).
                  I have written the following script

#! /bin/bash
                  cd /home/ahmed/salome_3.2.6/KERNEL_3.2.6/
                  source salome.sh
                  cd  bin/salome/
                  ./runSalome

if you can improve it, I will appreciate it very much, (I am new to the linux world).

What really bothers me now, is that when I switch from the geometry module to the mesh module, the programme issues a missing libraries warnning and stops running. I do not know why.
                  Can anyone help with this  new problem

sa

Posted by JMB at November 10. 2008
                    Ahmed Awad Aboul-enein wrote:

What really bothers me now, is that when I switch from the geometry module to the mesh module, the programme issues a missing libraries warning and stops running. I do not know why. Can anyone help with this  new problem

sa

Hello,

It would help if you post details about which libraries are missing.  Secondly, you may want to Google for help about these missing libraries too.

Regards,
                    JMB

Posted by ziad at November 10. 2008

Posted by Ahmed NY at November 11. 2008
                        Hello JMB and Ziad
                        I appreciate very much your comments and glad to read them.
                        Originally, when I tried to switch to the mesh module, the programme issued the following message:
                        Can not load library
                        libSMESH.so
                        libg2c.so.0
                        cannot open shared object file
                        No such file or directory.
                        I searched the programme directory and found the libSMESH already installed, then I searched the OpenSUSE repository and found libg2c33(3.3.3) which I then installed using the YAST one click install button. This solved the problem and I am able to mesh.
                        Now when I run my script, the programme issues the following warning:
                        Warning: library Component cannot be found
                        Module will not be available.

Warning: library PyCalculator cannot be found
                        Module will not be available.

But both the Component_3.2.6 and PyCaculator_3.2.6 are there in the salome_3.2.6 directory.
                        What should I do now, what environmnent variable is missing or need to be modified
                        I will appreciate your help.
                        By the way, libg2c is part of the GNU fortran compiler

Posted by Ahmed NY at November 16. 2008
                          libg2c.so.0 is already installed in /usr/lib, it is part of the OpenSUSE installation.
                          Why Salome cannot read it?