Welcome to https://www.salome-platform.org !
OPEN CASCADE believes that the establishment of trust and privacy is instrumental to the continued growth of the Internet. We also believe that the efficient collection, use and transfer of information serve to enhance the development of the Internet and electronic commerce, provided that such information is handled in a fair and responsible manner.
The protection of Personal Data is a major concern for OPEN CASCADE, which has made this issue a priority for a long time. Thus, the transparency of the processing of the Personal Data we collect is a commitment for us. The purpose of this Policy is to provide you with all relevant information regarding the processing of Personal Data that may be collected on the website salome-platform.org (hereinafter, the “website”)
OPEN CASCADE SAS (hereinafter “we”, “us” or “OPEN CASCADE”), as the Controller for the Processing, may collect and process Personal Data about you when you visit this site.
1. Processing your Personal Data
In general, you can visit our website without providing any Personal Data about you. However, to access certain parts of our website and / or through the use of specific information or services, we may collect your Personal Data that we will process for the purposes mentioned below.
Our website allows you to contact us via the “Contact” form. The Personal data we collect through it will be used to manage your request, queries or inquiries. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to develop and maintain a professional relationship with you.
If you share a contractual relationship with OPEN CASCADE, we will process your personal data in order to:
- allow you to log on certain restricted parts of our website;
- register to the annual event through the register form;
- manage your participation in online content;
- conduct customer satisfaction surveys;
- manage the discussion forums in which you can participate;
This processing is based on our contractual relationship.
- maintain and improve our website and to ensure its security;
- allow for the compilation of global statistics concerning the use of our website.
This processing is based on our legitimate interest to provide you with a functioning website and regularly improved functionalities.
2. Categories of Personal data collected through the Website
Information collected about you when you use the form available in “Contacts”: email address and the content of your “comment”.
Information collected about you through the specific “Registration Form”: first name, last name, company name, email address. You can also decide to fill other information such as your phone number, the way you use SALOME and your expectations for the event, how you want to share your experience in SALOME, the content of your presentation and if you want to tell someone about SALOME Users Day. If you do want to tell about SALOME Users Day, you will have to communicate the email addresses of the persons you want to communicate this Day with.
Information collected about you when you log on to the website to access the Forum: login, password, your first name, your last name, the content of the message you might share on the forum, the date and time of your message.
Other information that may be collected about you: IP address.
3. How long do we keep your Personal Data
If you decide to use the Contact Form, we will keep your personal data for 3years after you last contacted us or for the duration of our commercial/contractual relationship.
If you register to the annual event, we will keep your personal data for 1 year after the date of the event in order to be able to inform you and invite you to the next one.
If you have an account on the website, we will keep your personal data up to one year after your last login to your account.
Finally, the information we collect for the purposes of security, maintenance and improvement mentioned above will not be retained beyond one 1 year after collection, according to our legal obligations.
4. Sharing of your Personal Data
4.1 Recipients of your Personal data at OPEN CASCADE
In general, your Personal data can only be accessed by OPEN CASCADE authorized personnel who strictly need to access it.
Regarding the processing of your Personal data communicated through the Contact Form, at OPEN CASCADE, only the following functions may access your personal data:
- Project Owner
- Technical Managers
- Support Contract Managers, only when you use the “Contact” form
4.2 With other entities of the Group
OPEN CASCADE is part of Capgemini, which is a global organization. Whilst we have distinct legal entities (e.g., country subsidiaries) in many parts of the world, our internal processes and infrastructure are international in scope and nature and generally cross-country borders.
OPEN CASCADE may transfer your Personal Data to other Capgemini entities located outside of the European Economic Area. These transfers are covered by Capgemini’s Binding Corporate Rules (Capgemini BCR) which were approved by the French Data Protection Authority (the CNIL) in 2016. As a result of these BCR, wherever your personal data is processed within the group, your personal data will benefit from the same level of protection. You can access Capgemini BCR by clicking here.
Outside of the European Economic Area, the following Capgemini entities may have access to your Personal data:
4.3 With other entities of the Group
We may rely on third-party suppliers and partners with which we may share your personal data for the purposes indicated above except for marketing purposes. Whenever we rely on such third parties, we make sure that they provide an adequate level of protection to the personal data they process on our behalf and when such third parties are located out of the European Union, we make sure that we enter into European Model Clauses as adopted by the European Commission. You can obtain a copy of the said EU Model Clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CEA and EDF work as partners for the Salome Platform. Therefore, OPEN CASCADE may share some information with them such as:
- Statistic data regarding the use of the website;
- Personal data about you if you decide to register to the annual event, as it is organized by CEA and EDF.
4.4 Governmental, public and / or judicial authorities
We may also be required by laws, court decisions and / or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence to disclose your personal data. We may also disclose your personal information if we determine that, for reasons of national security, public importance or law enforcement, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose Personal Information if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights by using available legal remedies, to apply our terms and conditions, to investigate fraud or to protect our business or users.
5. Restructuring of activities
Like many organizations, OPEN CASCADE can restructure its operations around the world at any time, either by buying new businesses or by selling or merging existing businesses. These measures may lead us to disclose Personal Data to potential or existing customers or to receive Personal Data from potential sellers. Our rule is to request adequate privacy protection for the Personal Data provided in this type of transaction.
6. Your rights
Under applicable Data Protection Law and, notably the GDPR, you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. Those rights are as follows:
- Right to Access – You can ask to see what personal information OPEN CASCADE holds about you. In the event we cannot provide you with access to your personal information (for instance, if your personal information has been destroyed, erased or made anonymous), we will inform you of the reasons why.
- Correction or Deletion of Personal Information – OPEN CASCADE works to ensure that your personal information in its possession is accurate, current and complete. If you believe that the personal information OPEN CASCADE holds on you is incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, you may request the revision or correction of that information.
- Withdrawal of Consent – If you have provided consent for the processing of your data (for example, for marketing purposes), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Objection to the processing of your Personal data – you have the possibility to object to the processing of your personal data including profiling, on grounds relating to your particular situation as provided by Data Protection laws.
- Limitation to the processing of your Personal data – you have the right to obtain from us a restriction of processing in certain instances as listed by data protection laws.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to receive the personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format when the processing is based on your consent or on a contract. You also have the right to ask us to transfer it to another data controller of your choice.
In case of any request or complaint, please send an email to our Data Protection Officer email@example.com If you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to the competent Data Protection Authority.
7. Security and Data Integrity
OPEN CASCADE has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure an adequate level of security regarding the risk incurred and to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
However, you should be aware that, due to the open and unsecured character of the Internet, OPEN CASCADE cannot be responsible for the security of transmissions of the personal data over the Internet.
8. Third-party websites
This website may provide links to external websites. OPEN CASCADE makes no warranties or representations regarding these external websites. It is important for you to know that the owners and operators of these external websites may collect, use or transfer Personal Data under terms and conditions that are different from those of OPEN CASCADE. By connecting to an external website, you must inform yourself about the privacy and security measures of these external websites.
9. Notification of changes to this Policy
10. Cookies Policy
A. What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that a website sends to your computer’s web browser while you navigate through it. They can have many different purposes, but mainly, cookies allow you to navigate between pages easily, to remember your preferences, and, generally, to improve your experience on the website.
Cookies are useful because they enable a website to remember a user’s device and recognize it when the user is visiting.
Cookies can be “session” or “persistent”:
- A “session” cookie is a cookie that is automatically deleted when you close your browser.
- A “persistent” cookie is a cookie that remains stored in your terminal device until it reaches a defined expiration date.
B. Types of cookies
We use certain types of cookies on this website, described below.
- Technical cookies
These cookies are essential to navigate our website and fully benefit from its features such as access to certain secure Internet pages. Without these cookies, some services you request cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies
These cookies allow a website to save your choice of settings of the same site to provide you with improved and more personal features. For example, a functional cookie might take into account the geographic area in which you are currently located to provide you with local information. These cookies can also be used to remember the changes you have made to the text size, font and other parts of the web pages you have customized. They can also be used to provide you with certain services that you have requested such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites and do not collect any information about you that could be used for advertising purposes.
- Analytic cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website such as the most visited pages or the appearance of error messages on certain pages. All information collected through these cookies is anonymized, and collected for the sole purpose of developing and tracking traffic trends on our website to improve the way it works. This information is used exclusively by Capgemini and is not shared with third parties or connected to any other information.
- Targeting cookies
Here is a list of the cookies we use on our website:
|wpl_user_preference||salome-platform.org||User preference about accept/deny cookies||1 year|
|pll_language||salome-platform.org||Store preferred language||1 day|
D. Do-not-track signals
If you do not wish to receive cookies from our website, you can set your browser to refuse them or warn you when you receive one, asking you whether you accept the placement of a cookie. You can also set your browser to disable cookies. To understand how to do this, please consult the “Tools” tab of your browser, or any other similar name. However, we recommend that you do not disable our cookies. Keep in mind that if you block, turn off, or reject our cookies, some pages on our website will not be able to display their content properly or you will not be able to use certain services that require you to log in. If you refuse to have our cookies placed on your computer, you will have to deactivate them. To do this, please follow the appropriate instructions below depending on your browser:
- If you use the Internet Explorer browser
- If you use the Firefox browser
- If you are using the Safari browser
- If you use the Google Chrome browser