It is possible to import raw data and georeferenced data from qgis, to prepare the geometry, to generate the mesh, to configure the model parameters, to calculate the hydrodynamics with TELEMAC, to post-process and analyze the model results.
Specific functionalities for free surface hydraulic studies have been developed in the HYDRO and HYDRO SOLVER modules:
- integrate various data (qgis), bathymetric profiles of rivers or channels, display and work on digital terrain models (DTM), LIDAR, interpolate bathymetry
- use photographs, maps and geo-referenced data to locate geometric features
- use Corine Land Cover data (CLC: biophysical inventory of land use and its evolution) to determine the areas of bottom friction (Corine Land Cover)
- definition of geometric areas:
- line drawing: banks, shores, boundaries of structures…
- natural elements: rivers, islands …
- artificial elements: dams, channels.
- construction of case studies :
- by selecting and combining natural and artificial elements
- by defining the study area and the boundary conditions
- meshing: SALOME’s mesher allows the construction of meshes extending over several hundred km2, taking into account the different topographic elements.
- the physical and numerical data processing,
- the execution of the calculation
- post-processing with PARAVIS
Specific filters for hydraulics have been implemented in PARAVIS: spatial profile, temporal profile, flow calculation through a section, …